Best Year for Sprinter Van

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Need to know best years for Sprinter: Dodge Freightliner or Mercedes. Also what is the cutoff date for Sprinter Vans signing up with a company? When we with Conway Now it was 5 years old but I understand some companies are now looking at equipment for appearance rather than an just a cutoff date.

Also which companies require 3 pallet configuration and is 150"X50" of space?

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Im thinking 06 was the last year for the best sprinter. The 5 cylinder engine was the best I think. Most companies are five years, I would call the ones that you want to sign on with first and ask for that and ask about the three pallets.

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I guess there isn"t many Sprinter's out there or Sprinter Drivers are not that opinionated ?

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I love mine. 2004 model year, 664627 miles.
I aggree, 04 to 06 are the best sprinters made.

Last edited:

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
The big companies probably will not take one that old, but smaller ones are more likely to do it. You will have to ask their recruiters this question.

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2008 is my fav! New body 2007 bugs worked out and no def! Yes it's not as great on fuel as the T1N but it drives completely different!

Sent from my flying circus ....

in-Transit

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well having both I feel the NCV3 has a more stable and smooth ride to me... Don't get me wrong they are both amazing machines but I really feel the NCV3 is much more refined.

Sent from my flying circus

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I guess there isn"t many Sprinter's out there or Sprinter Drivers are not that opinionated ?

They are highly opinionated :) 2006 was the best year, if you wax the van up nice and get it real nice and clean you might be able to persuade the carrier if its a extended high roof model. I think the new one will be nice, not sure if it will drop in 2016 or 2018. The sooner the better. I'll be driving my 06 until then or a couple yrs after.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Will any company's take a Van 04 to 06?

The cleaner the van the better the chance, I mean everything ... no dents, shiny paint, freshly painted wheels. New tires, maintenance all current. etc. Get it looking like it just came off the used car lot, then take pictures. Make it look worthy. If they feel it betters their advertising experience then you have a shot. They should have made a exception for 04-06 sprinters. These were the Sprinters that paved the way for what they are today.