BEST place to get a truck?

Bornfree

Expert Expediter
Based on your experience,what is the best dealer near PA to get a D unit(new) price wise and customer satisfaction?I am looking to get my very first truck;what make and model should I get in the range of $60K brand new and what MUST HAVE equipment for it,in order to get into TRISTATE or FedEx CC.Thanks!:)

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
give bill moore a call at 800 388 3850 at tsi
for a new western star
you want genset , will save you money why you set and wait for
a load to come by give bill more a callat 800 388 3850 for tsi

also look at eo want ad's as you may be able to pick up a truck that
someone wants to get out of already set up

to get into a truck right now as the market is unreal you will
need 20 percent down to get in

also look at dan schultz is back a few pages back, tell him what
you are looking for in price range and he will find the truck for
you

how is your credit if it not the best it will be hard to get into
a truck right now

also would think twice about it right now to

BOBBYSGIRL

Expert Expediter
you can't buy a d truck for $60k! anyways this is a very bad time to get into expediting. don't listen to what fed ex c.c. is tell you they don't care what happens to you. the only thing that maters to them is how many truck they have. not how many loads they get in a day.

Bornfree

Expert Expediter
I sure wait a while to see what happens in the next few months.Are you saying that $60K it's not enough to get a D unit for starters?What should I expect to pay in order to be pretty much set up for the road?Should I consider a used (2-3 years old) with a decent warranty?
Thanks!:)

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Hi BornFree,

First welcome to EO!

Everything being the way it is, we suggest that you check out a few different sources.

The first being our Online Classifieds. We're proud to say it is the largest database of used and almost new Expedite trucks. By spending sometime there you can get a pretty good idea of pricing and fair market values. Click here for the [link:www.expeditersonline.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi|Free Classifieds]

Also, Freightliner of Knoxville still has a few 2001 and 2000 BRAND NEW FL70 models available for around $52K. You can contact Dan Tilley by clicking the link below. http://thetruckguys.expeditersonline.com/

Good Luck!

Thanks,
Lawrence
Expediters Online.com

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It's 100% possible to get a really decent new or used D unit truck for under 60 grand. I bought my first expediter, a used '95 FL70 for 35 grand almost four years ago and I'm still running it now. Keep in mind you get paid the same mileage rate wheather you have a $30k truck or a $100k pimper. If the $30k special is reliable, guess what? A lot more money in your pocket and less on truck- It's about getting the job done and there are trucks (that don't look fancy) for under $60k that are dependable if taken care of half way right.
Things I would consider must have's on a D unit are air ride (customers request it a lot), so the unit will have air brakes too. Rear dollies are a must also. Get a lot of straps, pads, and e-channel locks. Due to the changing climate of expediting, I recently added a pallet jack to my box make life easier, but that's not a must.
If buying used, it may be best to go through a dealer that will offer some kind of warranty.
-Weave-

Bigtyme

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you really want to get into this business, you can take over the payments on my 99FL70, It has low miles and its less than 30k left on the loan so email me at [email protected] if interested, I am on my way out of this business...Moving up to a semi, Tired of sitting everywhere.thanks, Andy

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
>If you really want to get into this business, you can take
>over the payments on my 99FL70, It has low miles and its
>less than 30k left on the loan so email me at
>[email protected] if interested, I am on my way out of this
>business...Moving up to a semi, Tired of sitting
>everywhere.thanks, Andy

Hey Andy

I do believe your sales pitch needs work ;-) You might want to keep comments about sitting, and how bad business has been to yourself, at least until until the check clears :7

Good Luck selling the truck, and with moving up to a real truck.