Best Mattress ?

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
Which Mattress type is best suited for truck sleepers?

I recently bought one of those mattresses that come rolled up and made by Innerspace, sold at Danny's Big Rig resort....what a waste! and a piece of crap!...my old mattress was at least 5 times better than the new one from Innerspace.

Memory foam mattresses get hard as a rock when cold and don't have the support I need.

I found a company that custom makes mattresses and I need to find what works best.

This Mattresses will be used for the upper bunk and is never used while the truck is going down the road.

jt1980a

Active Expediter
Id have to agree with you, those memory foam matresses arent made for trucks. If you have a slight vibration you will feel it while you TRY to sleep with the memory foam. It just transfers to much. I ordered one off amazon (extra long twin). It was a number 4 if I remember right. I dealt with it for 8 months and went back to the spring matress from the dealer.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Denver Mattress makes an xl twin that fits perfectly in the bottom bunk and is the most comfortable mattress I've had. About $200-300. Comes in a box wrapped in plastic, cut the plastic and sprunggggggg, awesome. Take it out thru the sleeper side door. I think its 42x88. Xl twin sheets fit.

Last edited:

Missie600

Active Expediter
Thanks for that info MissKat. We bought our truck used and the mattress is truly horrible. I thought I might have to get a custom made one. Ours is 44 x 88. I looked at the site and they have 42 x 80 which will do. I am looking forward to ordering one!

leezaback

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
see Bolt custom trucks in Ft Wayne, In-Don Bentz will order you {if not in stock] a pillow
top mattress-single or double sided pillow top to fit

MissKat

Expert Expediter
Missie I put a latex pillow from bed bath and beyond in the extra space between the wall and the mattress. Makes for better sleeping for the inside person and an arm rest for reading. The extra inches at the end of the bed Will come in handy for storage. Those plastic shoebox fit perfectly down there.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
I drove a Freightliner that had a air mattress in it. I don't know for sure but I think it was a factory option. Most comfortable mattress I ever slept on. I bought a Coleman air mattress to lay over the regular mattress in the next truck I drove and although comfortable it was too light and always getting holes in it.