Bentz Sleepers 84Inch & International 44oo serious

garman351

Expert Expediter
We are looking for a new straight truck and looking at the international - 07 4400 serious trucks? 310Hp motor, auto.

Bentz sleepers they do not have any pictures or anything to show us what they have to offer. I'm told they are the best is that true???

We have an offer to look at a 2006 International 4300 series truck with a 255Hp motor. My drivers tell me this motor is a total dog and under powered and should not consider this as an option at all!

Any International people out there? Also Bentz sleepers 84in your thoughts please. I have two good size drivers that need room and I dont think an 84in will be comfortable for those several day lay overs! Bentz does offer a "Dina table convershion an option for $810 a table that folds down into a bed?

Can any body please advise us on this, I'm full term on a lease next month and I need to make a decision on a new unit.

(Truckers America's unsung heroes in my opinion)

Sincerely,
Garman

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
RE: Bentz Sleepers 84Inch & International 44oo ser

Bentz enjoys a good reputation for sleepers provided you work with them and listen to their expertise. I have heard of negative stories but it's generally due to inexperienced individuals trying to change specs.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Personally I'd consider anything less than 300hp to be inadequate. I'm not looking to be first at the top of every hill but I don't want to be last every time either. The 310hp version sounds like a much better idea. Bentz makes a very good product. The folding dinette bunk you mention is very nice. You have lots of room during the day for eating, computer, whatever and a pretty good sized bed at night. I've personally never seen a Bentz unit with anything else so if this isn't a married couple that may not be the way to go. If you need something in the next 30 days or so call Jon Mosier at FL Knoxville. He's got inventory available and he's a stand up guy. You can't get a better person to work with. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, owner trucks 3034, 4958
OOIDA 677319
73's K5LDB
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator 1+ Years of Service
-----
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

garman351

Expert Expediter

LDB Thanks for the help I will contact Mr.Jon Mosier and mention your name.

I sure wish somebody who has a bentz sleeper leave me a message. Again we are looking at an 84in sleeper unit.

Also any international owner/operators out there who can tell me what they they about the tucks/service etc.

Thanks
Garman351

tom tinker

Expert Expediter

What state are you looking in or around ??
What brand engine???? Tom Tinker:) ;)

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member

We have a Bentz 84" w/o the Dina bunk. The sleeper is well built will probably outlive me.

The only issues we have are with the heating cooling. We have been Internatioal buyers for many years. we were looking at the 4400,when Kieth Bentz told me they were haveing a problem installing H/AC in these trucks. Seems when they cut into the A/C line the computer went berzerk. The only solution they had was to install a separate compressor at a extra cost of $1200.00.With this in mind we went with the Freightliner M2. That was in May 2003. Hopefully Int has come up with a solution.

The only other thing is the control for the heat/AC.It is either allways on or allways off. A new thermostat did not help.Dale at Bentz said, well that is the way they are.

One other thing.Our sleeper was delivered without any ductwork to put the heat AC where it is needed. All Heat/AC is discharged under the bunk. When I spoke to Kieth Bentz at the EO expo at the Detroiter,he said "well we had to save money". Nothing was said at the time of purchase about this deletion. I a told by thr great service people at BTP ours was one of only a few put out this way.

I have allways been a supporter of BTP.and would probably buy another one.

garman351

Expert Expediter

Thank you for the support, Redytrk & Tom Tinker.

I have called Bentz to try and optain any pictures etc and only ended up with a couple of drawings.

I would only hope Bentz has made the corrections to the duck work on their sleepers in the last couple of years?

The 4400 serious International truck with an 550K warranty sounds good to us. My big conern is the sleeper???????????????

I have two good size drivers that do a great job of being out for weeks at a time, but need the room to relax and it apperas the 84in Bentz sleeper with the Dina Bunk might work for us, again not sure I have not seen one yet!!!

I'm waiting to see if we are going to be approved to get an 06 Freightliner with an 96in sleeper and a C-9 335Hp cat motor with an allison auto. But my biggest fear is this unit is going to cost big money we might end up struggling to pay for during the slow times? It's a big jump from what we are paying right now. Of course my drivers they want it all and all the profites to go along with it. It would be nice to drive a new Cadillac but in reality a new Ford might have to do the job.

Thanks,
Garman

wallytrucker1

Expert Expediter

I saw a 2004 fl112 with a 120 " sleeper in the ads for $ 95000. Problem Solved:) :) :)

garman351

Expert Expediter

Wallytrucker1:
Where did you see a 2004 tuck with a 112in sleeper for $95K

I would be interested in looking at that kind of a unit if it has any decent miles on it at all.

Garman

brentwb2

Seasoned Expediter

Check out this website:
www.sst100.com

Stoops freightliner in Fort Wayne is pushing these Bentz sleepers. I know that the one pictured in the website is considerably larger than the '84, but it may give you a better idea of what Bentz offers. These are sooo cool!!!