Before twit Britney,Paris,and Twain there was

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
there was Cher and the United States Navy,,,lets here for the USS Missouri BB-63 of 1944. There is nothing like American made products.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Cher was about 45 years old when this video was produced, old enough to be a mother to most of those adoring sailors. Being blessed with good genes is hard to top. But, how does one explain her daughter/son???

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Cher was about 45 years old when this video was produced, old enough to be a mother to most of those adoring sailors. Being blessed with good genes is hard to top. But, how does one explain her daughter/son???

I believe you're a parent, so let me ask you this: did you get to choose who your kids are? What would you do if your child were 'different'? Is something you can't see and don't understand less real?
It's amazing, how much we [and experts, even] don't know about the human brain, and sexuality, and gender. We don't consider that learning more takes research, which is expensive, and who's willing to pay for it, when there's probably no big payoff [drug therapy]?
I was excited to see that scientists have just discovered a genetic mutation [or maybe just a specific interaction] that causes schizophrenia - it would be wonderful to have that one crossed off the list of 'incurable' diseases.
It's hard to admit we just don't know, but it's not very intelligent to pretend we do, when we don't. Cher's offspring has a problem we don't understand, but that doesn't mean it's not real.
Think of all the generations who were told that ulcers were caused by diet, stress, alcohol - and here, it was a bacteria!
Ignorance can literally make your stomach hurt.