Bed material

Billy The Impaler

Rookie Expediter
Researching
US Air Force
Ok, I hate my bed and it has to change. I had a 3 skid load and had to take it down, then nap in the driver's seat. It's a twin mattress laying on an army/camping cot, laying front to back because it's too long to turn side to side. I despise that set up.

I'm having trouble finding a smaller mattress. Even air mattresses are bigger that the width of the van allows.

SO...what if I do the plywood on crate platform, but have some MATERIAL that I can roll and unroll as necessary? It'd probably take a few layers. I don't know what kind of material, but if I have just the right length, rolling it up and setting it aside when necessary would be easier than inflating and deflating an air mattress. That's what I used to do, but my side door on this van doesn't open, so getting to the valve to inflate would be a problem.

That said, does anyone have any ideas for what material I can use? I called around for custom length memory foam and the places I called said they sell only standard sizes from the manufacturer, and there's no telling when I would be at some custom place across the country to get oven a custom one from a manufacturer or when I'll be home to pick up an ordered one.