Bad Service TA Dallas

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here is my experience...

Asked for a full service oil change and a new starter.

Two hours later they said truck was ready. They didn`t do the starter,because it would not do what it had been doing to me intermitenly for the last month. IE failure to disengage after starting. I said I wanted it replaced anyway.(This is my expense out of Warranty). I had visions of it going out when I am out in the boonies.

Ok they get the part from FL Charging me $60.00 for a parts run.Then they tack on $90. core charge that they say will be refunded to me in about 2 weeks after their supplier takes care of it.

I`m OK with all of this. Then he starter is working perfectly but truck won`t start with out a lot of grinding.

Made my way to the J across the street and parked for the night. Truck is rough to start again.

Pull the dip stick...WAY OVERFULL. Bill shows 10 Gal,when it should take 7.

They take their 3 gal back,and say that was probably why it was hard to start. Off I go to the J for another night.

In the morning,same thing ,hard start. Back to TA. Mgr says they will fix it. After 3 hrs of waiting I was told the mechanic decided to do nothing but failed to tell me.

Finally they re-did the filters. And made sure it was not loosing prime.

I noticed the second guy took the fuel caps off to help the prime.
He said they recently discovered this on the bigger MB engine's he thought it would help me.(I have the MBE 900)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This is why I always try to have repairs done at home. Today I am in Boston,A/C failed , think it is the compressor but I will tough it out until I get home ,hopefully Sunday.

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
cant ell you how many over fills on oil changes i have had..drain pluggs leaking..claimed to have checked trainny fluid but lerned later tech couldnt find the plug.. buddy Im a hawk ..those techs dont like it much ..but im all over my oilchangees repairs /... i will walk back and consult the tech on any repair i look at all replaced parts..and get a written estimate on all repairs big or small,, they roll their eyes at me but you know what ...I DONT GIVE A D&MN used to work service at a dodgfe dealer...I know what they are thinking!! a lot are honest,, but techs, service writers , are comissioned need i say more. i make my presense known in a respectful way..but im persistant. good luck and remember on repairs the sqeaky wheel gets the grease sorry could resist

joebob1_30132

Expert Expediter
how is it when you go to parts on a repair at frieght liner they order ship and chasrge you ...we should not have to pay for their low inventory... its cost effective tool to keep low inventorys, not only that.. they charge us for shipping