Average dh or empty miles

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
Was wondering how many empty miles not backhauls or paid moves.I am looking for the info on strt trks solo and team.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Every load, day, week, month is gona be different. There is no AVERAGE. All I can tell you is this 30+ in my opnion is high maybee unprofitable but depends on the run.

If you get an offer to DH from El Paso to PU in LA, going to Richmond VA thats 30%+ DH you gona turn it down if there is time? I would'nt.

All I can say is this, anything over 25% fuel for the cost of a run I am not bragging about. Understand? 25% fuel includes all DH.

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
I mean for the year,my vans run around 35-40 percent.This will be my first full year with a strt trk and i am trying to get a general idea.I have a solo now that will hopefully turn into a team,in 10 months the strt trk was about 32% and that's never hauling a backhaul and very little discount freight.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My dh runs about 17% but I don't count some dh because it's by my choice and not required. In my opinion that doesn't count since I could have stayed put and not driven it.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.