Attn, recruiters for ALL companies!

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
I think the teams at PTL have no complaints either!

:)

ARJtransport

Active Expediter
I think the teams at PTL have no complaints either!

:)
I have been doing a lot of reading for a while now and ask anyone who has any knowledge of the industry, but most have a lot to say about driving, companies- good and bad, equipment, expenses, benefits, training and so on.
What Im looking for is to become a fleet owner. There are that many post that speak about fleet owners. Im not interested in driving my own trucks for now. I would like knowledge on what companies offer to fleet owners. I realize the fleet owner / company becomes a contractor for the expiditer company but I would like to know for example are things like - do we find our own drivers / teams or will the expiditer company get a driver for my trucks? Do the drivers work for the fleet owner or do they expiditer company? how is pay handled do they pay the owner and the owner pays his employees (drivers)? anyone as more information on becoming a fleet owner feel free to add you comments.

5VAN3

Active Expediter
Haven't seen many questions posted lately.

How are things going, now that you've signed on to a trucking company?
6 months to a year after you started, "What do I wish I would have asked during the recruiting process?"
Do you think a good question to have asked the recruiting team would be .......?

Any responses are welcome.

Thank you!

Brian Premium

therecrutier

Active Expediter
Ok Recruiter's .......How's Freight really looking for striaght teams?

I am a new recruiter, I was an otr driver for 3.5 yrs and a local driver for 1.5 years.I am just now getting on with EO forums so i will be on here alot .

Frieght is looking good for teams and solo's. It is now starting to pick up from the New Year hoilday.

5VAN3

Active Expediter
Re: Daily post responses

Yes. Give The Premium Group a shot! We want to keep customers and contractors rolling.

Nations

Rookie Expediter

Nations Express is putting on straight trucks teams and solos! We offer weekly settlements, Transflo and Trip Pak scanning, Satellite Communications, discount tire program, 24 hour dispatch assistance, layover pay, payment of 70% of the load. Call us today at 888-997-9911 X 210

Reactions: fastman_1

VTurri

Seasoned Expediter

Fusion Transportation Group puts you on the freight! We pay a high percentage of 74% to the truck. Percentages mean nothing if you don't crunch the numbers, we averaged almost 1.70 a mile to the truck in the month of September as a fleet for our straight trucks. Right now teams and single straights and semi's are BUSY BUSY BUSY! We plan our trucks daily at Fusion, as we speak all our straight trucks and tractors are pre-dispatched on the next job before they even deliver.....oh yeah and no fees with our program! A lot of good companies have replied to this thread, but you really need to give Fusion a call to see what we are all about!

Reactions: Nubbin and M. Moy

BPresley

New Recruit
Researching
I'm trying to get into driving a straight truck I have class B CDL but have 3 points on my mvr from before I got my CDL over a year ago will that stop me from getting hired on to go otr I have a clean dac score just wondering if anyone can answer would be great thanks

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
BPresley - only the company or companies you are interested in driving for can answer if you will qualify. Research and apply to the carriers you would consider. They will notify you either way. I would say 3 points is minor, BUT, carriers do not hire based on points - they hire based on "violation frequency". I once had an insurance company ask me to exclude a driver that had 0 "points" on his license. This driver had at least 6 accidents listed - none his fault - but he was viewed as an accident looking for a place to happen.

I'm going to help you remain positive and say chances are pretty darn good you would not get disqualified for the 3 points on your license.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
BPresley - just curious how you are doing and if you were able to find a position. Hope all is well Sir.

Acquisitions

Active Expediter
Recruiter
Hi I'm a Recruiter (Driver acquisitions and retention) for a large Canadian expedite company called Thompson Emergency and I would be glad to help with any questions or might be able to help with questions to do with the Transportation industry as I was a A/Z driver for 23 years and owned a driver agency for 17 years

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hi I'm a Recruiter (Driver acquisitions and retention) for a large Canadian expedite company called Thompson Emergency and I would be glad to help with any questions or might be able to help with questions to do with the Transportation industry as I was a A/Z driver for 23 years and owned a driver agency for 17 years
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: ucfd608 and Turtle

Mantia67

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
Daily post responses

I am the Driver Manager/ Recruiter for All State Express Inc. I will be making a large presence here daily and would be glad to respond to daily posts.

I have a 2006 dodge sprinter looking to lease on with a good company. Would like to find highest paid company

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums