Attn, recruiters for ALL companies!

timrecruiter

Seasoned Expediter
Guido i missed the truck washing but we here at Allstate have the answers owner operators are asking. We know that cost have exceeded what some people call "the cost of doing business" That is not what a guy or gal wants to hear when he is paying $3 a gallon for fuel, over $300 for a tire, and last but not least FOOD. Our owner has put it out to us that we need to be a partner with our owners and not to be status quo with the industry. Without you there is no me...Have fun on your run Tim R.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The last thing I want to hear when I have a problem is.."It is industry standard" When a carrier claims to be a leader in the industry...THEY set the standard....anything less is a follower..

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I would like to know from the company reps. how is business? really? you ask on this forum and you just get the bla,bla,bla talking in circles no straight answers, afraid to give an opinion.
I am itching to get back into expediting but want to be kept busy, I run solo, looking for a straigfht truck or van, ran with PantherII and I like their system, just too many trucks to compete with. Any smaller companies needing drivers? you send messages to some of the ads for drivers and get zero replys, you send in the quick application to companies you get no answers either.

Hi ecotech
I ain't no recruiter or company man, but I kinda think you a bit wrong here about not being able to learn how things are going here on this forum.Ya gotta keep in mind this is still the Internet and ppl goof off and in part I bet thats what makes this a good site and was intended to be that way..I think if ya read allot and read between the lines you will be able to figure out how ppl are running and get a good feeling for the state of the business.
I think you will get more info here then you will ever get out of the recruiters office. Not taking anything away from a recruiter but thats their job,,to get you in the door when more are needed at any cost..
As far as your applications try phone calls and actually knocking on the doors of the recruiters office.With so many Ppl looking for work right now I can see online apps going unanswered.
You said ya want to get back in,,that tells me ya been here before and got a good jump on the game and how it works.
G/luck and welcome back if ya come back.

homebound64

Seasoned Expediter
:)Hi there, my first name is Rose and my fiance is out on the road driving for a company which is NOT expediting, but he is interested in doing this. My sister, bro in law, and bro and sis n law all do this and we think he should get started here too. We are trying to find "RECRUITERS" for expediting companies so he can get started. He is a semi-driver with haz mat, class A lic. so he can drive a straight truck and prefers this, with lift gate. If anyone sees this, please contact us., my name is Rose, I will be looking here for info.
Thank you all!

Reactions: drizion

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Recruiters:

Don't see any action on this thread anymore but will ask.

I am running a C/V on a dedicated run for a private company and it's ends the middle of Feb. Ordered a new van with unicell body and looking for a lease in March.
Clean record. Don't really like Canada, like north and south and west if I can get back. Single operation. Already talking to a couple of companies but haven't made up my mind. Suggestions? If you respond be truthful and don't paint a rosy picture, I've been trucking for 40 yrs and heard it all. Thanks.:D

rbougher

Active Expediter
call 877-455-7755 would like to talk with him or yourself about getting him started in the business. Ask for Dick

ajnierescher

Active Expediter
I Graduated CDL A baker college and have one thing on my record and is four years old and is a felony can i get a truck driver position?

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Drivers and Owner Operators;

Always feel free to call our company to speak with a recruiter (Scott Holcomb) in our Toledo office. I also take recruiting calls and am happy answer any questions you may have, both by phone or here on the Ask the Recruiter forum on EO.

Should you get voicemail, please leave a message. Guaranteed to call back the same day if we receive your message by 5:00pm.

Thanks,

rezagrats

Active Expediter
Haven't seen many questions posted lately.

How are things going, now that you've signed on to a trucking company?
6 months to a year after you started, "What do I wish I would have asked during the recruiting process?"
Do you think a good question to have asked the recruiting team would be .......?

Any responses are welcome. These are types of issues that may grind inside us, when we think the world is against us. Veterans in the business can make this industry stronger by providing a couple short responses to these questions.

Thank you!

eklektek

Active Expediter
Re: Daily post responses

I am the Driver Manager/ Recruiter for All State Express Inc. I will be making a large presence here daily and would be glad to respond to daily posts.

Dear Recruiter, Can you tell me if Allstate will allow me to put on a cargo van if I am already employed with your company?

Also, I would like to receive an honest answer regarding the state of the expedite industry, particulary as it applies to Allstate. Since the 4th of July freight loads have been few and far between. Currently, I am having great difficulty paying my regular bills, my mortgage and auto payment. It would be nice to know if I should cut my losses now and hurry to find employment in another field or keep holding on without any feedback from the company while I fall deeper into debt.

Is this a short lived issue that will correct itself after the election or is the current downturn in America's production to blame?

Thank you in advance for answering my questions,
Niel Robinson

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy

Dear Recruiter, Can you tell me if Allstate will allow me to put on a cargo van if I am already employed with your company?

Also, I would like to receive an honest answer regarding the state of the expedite industry, particulary as it applies to Allstate. Since the 4th of July freight loads have been few and far between. Currently, I am having great difficulty paying my regular bills, my mortgage and auto payment. It would be nice to know if I should cut my losses now and hurry to find employment in another field or keep holding on without any feedback from the company while I fall deeper into debt.

Is this a short lived issue that will correct itself after the election or is the current downturn in America's production to blame?

Niel Robinson

Im not a recruiter, but who do u drive for and what are u driving?

BigCat

Expert Expediter

Kind of funny he is saying he is having money issues while contracted to Allstate Express but wants to add a cargo van.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Almost sounds like a setup type question.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Niel Robinson

Just asking that question tells me you must be relatively new out here...

IF anyone has the answer to that....1,000's are eagerly awaiting the response.