Atlanta Air Freight

VnnerNomadic

Rookie Expediter
Anybody have any info on companies moving air freight out of Atlanta that use cargo-vans?

Im currently leased to a company as an expeditor but am interested in this type of work. I remember reading older post about drivers that would pickup in Atl drop than deadhead back to Atl.

any info is appreciated.

zeppelin

Active Expediter
That's probably trade secrets nobody wants to give out. Lots of competition
Out there in vans.

DRIVERDUDE

Seasoned Expediter
ATL is probably your best bet now. I drove for 2 other companies recently and their business has just died. I was pulling in between $1000 and $1200 from one company and I have not done a run for them in 3 weeks. They say they have "no van work now". To say the least I had to move on to another company which is keeping me pretty busy now plus they provide the cargo and liability insurance so I dropped mine and am saving some $$$$$s and I don't deal with the air freight BS any more.

truckblue

Expert Expediter
Driver
I used to run expedite for air freight companies out of Atlanta. ATL Courier is nothing more than a messenger service.

I drove a straight truck for ATLExpress in the late 90's hauling air freight for them. Maybe things have changed, but their website shows them using big trucks, too.