At & t

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
How can service and data get any worse with FULL BARS? How can you drop a call with FULL BARS???

Boo on AT&T!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That is why I switched to Verizon after having AT&T for 8 years. Sometimes I would be on the phone standing standing still with full service, the call would drop and just kept giving me an Emergency Calls Only message when I tried to call back.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I would really like a Note but not until someone other than att has them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
How can service and data get any worse with FULL BARS? How can you drop a call with FULL BARS???

Boo on AT&T!

I hate full bars, the less crowded places are always better and you can drink in peace.;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I don't seem to have that problem. I am using iPhone 3GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I purchased the transportation package AT&T offered a year or so ago and I had it for two months. What a bunch of loosers. Nothing worked for myself or my drivers. I don't understand how they can advertise that they are biggest and fastest when it's not true.
Anyway, all my drivers and myself have 4g hotspots and phones with Verizon. Each is (think) 4 or 5 gigs of space a month and no one has come close to going over. But I don't think anyone streams, just computer and phones.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
I have had att for years most of the time good service, just upgraded to a 4G hot spot and I like it so far thinking of getting new phone my Iphone is almost 2 years old having some problems with it

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
That is why I switched to Verizon after having AT&T for 8 years. Sometimes I would be on the phone standing standing still with full service, the call would drop and just kept giving me an Emergency Calls Only message when I tried to call back.

I switched to Verizon from AT&T a little over two years ago for the same reason. I was grandfathered into a unlimited data package that is no longer offered.

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We've been with at&t for years, going back to the southwestern bell mobile days and bag phones...

If your using the Iphone 3 you will need to upgrade because the newer apps and programs are no longer supporting that version... If you have an Iphone 4 make sure to download all the updates... Iphone 5 is supposed to be coming out this fall or winter just before xmas...

I prefer a qwerty keyboard and use an android... Not a fan of touch screen typing...

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
I prefer a qwerty keyboard and use an android... Not a fan of touch screen typing...

I have a droid Bionic with Verizon...the best app I have is called "thumb keyboard". It took some time to get the settings right, but my typing has greatly improved with this app.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had Verizon for so long I can predict within 1,000 ft when the call will be dropped...LOL
Verizon does not like state lines....or the hand off between extended network over to the Verizon network...someone drops that ball....don't know if it is Verizons fault or not.....but seamless transmission seems like a fantasy at best....

hazmat

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
oh boy i remember the bag phone days SWBell/Cingular

Our first phone we had to finance, if my memory serves me right, they were around $1,000 bucks and the rate was $1.00 per minute... Needless to say it was only used incase of emergencies...

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Our first phone we had to finance, if my memory serves me right, they were around $1,000 bucks and the rate was $1.00 per minute... Needless to say it was only used incase of emergencies...

The majority of people finance their phones today, they just don't realize that Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint don't actually get free phones or an iPhone for $200. The companies subsidize the phones and then recoup the cost through service fees.

Falligator

Expert Expediter

Boo on AT&T!

Don't ya know? AT&T is changing their motto from;

"More bars in more places" to.....
"Less bars in more places".....LOL

I've had the same problem recently.....full service and can't make a call. I would have to completely shut off my phone and turn it back on to get it working again. Brand new Iphone 4S

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The iPhone and AT&T: two horrible things that deserve each other. Had both, regret both.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I was looking to upgrading my iPhone to iPhone 5 when they come out. Seriously considering moving to Verizon. Has any one made that transition? (iPhone ATT - iPhone Verizon)