Ask the recruiter

mr dependble

Rookie Expediter
I have a 16foot box truck based in norfolk va looking for a company or broker that I can haul for have to stay in va don't have my mc number yet

Sent from my SM-T310 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not a recruiter but if you sign on with a company you don't need your own number.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

stoneray

Rookie Expediter
I've been working as a courier since 2008. For quite some time now I've wanted to make a move into expedited delivery. At first I looked into straight trucks, etc., but having to acquire a cdl prevented me from taking the plunge. (Lack of available time mostly) With the introduction of the sprinter type vans I've become more certain this is what I'd like to enter into. Unfortunately, due to some past financial blunders, I am unable to secure financing for a sprinter. My cure for the finances is to exclusively use cash, however not using credit is probably keeping the credit rating from improving. So my biggest question is can anyone tell me if there are any carriers who hire company drivers for the sprinter? ...Or even back a lease purchase?
I realize there might be a number of you who'd advise me to wait, but the type of deliveries I'm currently doing will be discontinued near the beginning of next year. My feeling is since I'll be making a change anyway, I might as well try to improve my situation. If there are any situations that come to mind that would allow me to make the change I would very much appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I've been working as a courier since 2008. For quite some time now I've wanted to make a move into expedited delivery. At first I looked into straight trucks, etc., but having to acquire a cdl prevented me from taking the plunge. (Lack of available time mostly) With the introduction of the sprinter type vans I've become more certain this is what I'd like to enter into. Unfortunately, due to some past financial blunders, I am unable to secure financing for a sprinter. My cure for the finances is to exclusively use cash, however not using credit is probably keeping the credit rating from improving. So my biggest question is can anyone tell me if there are any carriers who hire company drivers for the sprinter? ...Or even back a lease purchase?
I realize there might be a number of you who'd advise me to wait, but the type of deliveries I'm currently doing will be discontinued near the beginning of next year. My feeling is since I'll be making a change anyway, I might as well try to improve my situation. If there are any situations that come to mind that would allow me to make the change I would very much appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.
I could be wrong (Just ask my wife), but i think A Blair uses company drivers. You might want to check them out.

Apply to Drive | A. Blair

stoneray

Rookie Expediter
Much appreciated Ragman. I'll be looking into requirements/ applying first opportunity. I guess I should have mentioned I live in the Dayton Ohio area so I'll be able to drive to the area they need me to be at for qualification. Thanks again.