Article on Sprinter

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
This was an interesting review on the Sprinter, which apparently is going to have some changes. Originally marketed as a Mercedes Benz, then Freightliner, next year it will be marketed as a Dodge! Also, it will made availible as a cab-chassis so it can be fitted with a variety of boxes, flatbeds etc, for more utility.

http://www.etrucker.com/apps/news/article.asp?id=26891

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I kind of figured this, as the van is all Mercedes, and has been running in Europe since '95. It could never be marketed at US Mercedes dealerships, as they don't want utility van people in those where they roll out red carpet. And now they realize the market doesn't care for big truck dealers either like the Freightliner division. The Sprinters CAN be sold and serviced best by Dodge dealers, if any of them can figure out "Euro-Tech." My local Dodge dealer has enough problems fixing regular domestic Dodges', so I doubt that will happen. Diamler Chrysler is just plain getting into too many markets to be able to make and service so many different types of vehicles properly. I refer to my Freightliner now as "Al Bundy's Dodge."
-Weave-