April 2017 locations & Gossip

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually since it's April;

Can you Americans enlighten a Canadian on how you get a refund? I suspect you are allowed to deduct something like 50c a mile for expenses...we are allowed actual expenses only...therefore reducing your taxable income by a dollar for each dollar of expenses...its not a credit, so each 100% business expense translates to 22c on the dollar off my tax bill last year...
Some pay in minimum quarterly.
Others have kids(credits), wife working, paying taxes. Many options.
Thanks. Here I was imagining you could pay no taxes and get free money at the end of the year

I feel better now

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You could.
Child credit, alternative minimum tax, earned income credit.
Americanese for its just better there. We pay taxes starting at $3000 income (there is a personal exemption of about 12k first) no money back unless you pay

Basically a credit there is actually a credit, I can just reduce taxable income

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Americanese for its just better there. We pay taxes starting at $3000 income (there is a personal exemption of about 12k first) no money back unless you pay

Canada gotta pay for its social system somehow.

Reactions: Hummer53

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Canada gotta pay for its social system somehow.
They need to dump it. NO ONE can live on the silly welfare, rent would consume 80% or more no matter where you lived.

I'll shut up before I get moved to the soapbox lol

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Some countries take flat rate. Like 13%. But it's from "official income".
Their unofficial income is usually 3-4 times the reported one.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Captain Canuck

Expert Expediter
I always get a refund. My quarterly child tax credit and my GST and of course end of year credit.
You have to be a REAL Canadian and learn to work the system the social programs are the same as in the US so that is no excuse, employers pay the healthcare tax.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I always get a refund. My quarterly child tax credit and my GST and of course end of year credit.
You have to be a REAL Canadian and learn to work the system the social programs are the same as in the US so that is no excuse, employers pay the healthcare tax.
Its Captain Canuck again, here to keep me in line!

Faster than a maple syrup soaked back bacon on beaver fur!

VSprinter

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well...
Awakened 5ish with call for possible load. No go.
Then just as I was falling asleep, some (lizard?) trucker thought it would be good to bang on vans back as he walked (to take morning piss?). Dozens of people walked by, nobody felt the need to do it. Idiot came back and did it again. Maybe an expediter in white sprinter stole his wife, I don't know. But he was mad about something.
Needless to say, I lost my sleep.
And... Decided to pull the plug. Have to be home Thursday morning.
All is yours, ladies and gentlegirls. Go get them.

Last edited: