AnyTime Fitness Thread

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used the only AF in El Paso TX today (yes, I'm still here) and it was good. Large parking lot, should have no trouble getting any truck in here. They had 2 showers, plenty of hot water and they supplied a liquid soap dispenser in the showers. Place was clean and only had a few people about mid afternoon on a Sunday. Did the treadmill, used the workout machines and showered, great way to spend some dead time while waiting for "the call".

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
The Elpaso ATF was one of my favorites...i just didnt like how the bathroom/showers are directly next to the workout machines..other then that,not bad...the locals seem to take thier workouts pretty serious, and it a little strange being one of the only caucasions, but i look foward to going back. And like you said, ATF is one of the best ways to spend dead time .

Sent from my Milestone X2 using EO Forums

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I noticed an Anytime Fitness here in McAllen TX even, and may go try to sweet talk them into a deal tomorrow unless I get loaded out early.

They sure are getting a lot of good press here on EO.

There's an article in this, Mr Phil.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
We are looking into joining Anytime Fitness, but I didn't see any information on their website. On average, what are the fees to join and monthly fees if they don't give you any type of discount? How do you go about getting a discount? They seem to have locations everywhere. The only thing I wish was different was the key situation. We don't go home that often, so I'm thinking we'll have to join out on the road somewhere and then wait until our key gets to our PO box to start using the facilities. Oh well, better late than never.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The initial fees and monthly vary widely. You should be able to find it for about 30.00 per month, shop around. They give you your electronic key at sign up it just takes a few weeks for it to be active system wide. You can still use the gym during staffed hours in the interum.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Oh, okay. That is better than. So I could join anywhere and this would apply? And while I'm waiting for it to be active everywhere, I can still use any gym as long as it is during staffed hours? Thanks for the info.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh, okay. That is better than. So I could join anywhere and this would apply? And while I'm waiting for it to be active everywhere, I can still use any gym as long as it is during staffed hours? Thanks for the info.

Your key might be active at some gyms in a couple weeks. It varies because the gyms have to manually download the info and place it in their system. Atf computers do not have the system wide network setup thing where it happens everywhere upon an update.

Last edited:

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you explain what you are doing, they can call corporate offices. Mine worked everywhere within one week. Just have to ask for them to be proactive about getting you in the system.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It still comes down to the individual gyes and how fast they update their system.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
It was explained to me that the purpose of the 30 day wait is to discourage people from signing up at a gym that happens to be running a special deal and then going home to use their local gym regularly.

We truckers are a different kind of customer who will join a gym, probably close to home, and then use it just a few times a year while using other gyms all over the country the rest of the time. I see that billG27 was able to get activated nationwide with little trouble. It may not work as well with other gyms because the gym owners who sign you up may have different attitudes about the 30 day rule.

Regardless, Anytime Fitness is an excellent investment and even with a 30 day wait, it is well worth it.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
An ATF gym owner in Pensacola approached our truck in the parking lot this morning. We came here after making a delivery about 15 miles away. Diane went in to check out the club and make sure showers were there as advertised. She then laid down for a nap with plans to go in and work out later. The owner, having seen Diane come and go, came to the truck to make sure everything OK and if there was anything he could do to be of help. Diane was a new face to him at this club. Her leaving as soon as she came in concerned him. He came to the truck to make sure she found everything alright.

That led to a long visit between him and me while Diane slept. It was very interesting to hear his story about how he and his wife left the automotive business (corporate employee), got into the ATF business, opened a second gym and is now opening a third.

We have visited with just a few gym owners since joining ATF. In each case, they have been welcoming to us and they show great pride in the people-helping service they provide.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Because of this thread, and positive mention in other thread(s) of Anytime Fitness, I went to the closest one in Charlotte NC earlier this week, down Matthews way, all excited to talk them into whatever kind of good subscription deal I might be able to wrangle and to see their facility, not to mention get a workout and shower etc, only to find the place was empty, vacant, closed up!

The location showed up on my 2012 updated Garmin GPS as one of several in the Charlotte area, but online went to the generic parent site, not a location specific site, which I figured out later should have been a clue for me.

I can only think it had more to do with location and perhaps overly optimistic management, and will try again in the next town I am in when I have sufficient time to explore.

I'm looking forward to it, actually, both as an increased fitness incentive and as a shower place, not to mention another way to get in an "off the road" mentality for a bit here and there.

butterfly610

Veteran Expediter
Anytime fitness has been one of the best things we have done for ourselves. Loving this place. Cadillac MI anytime fitness has truck parking behind the building and manager said she welcomes trucks. All facilities we have visited were clean and within close proximity to the interstate or main roads.

GandJ

Active Expediter
We joined 7 weeks ago and can not use our keys to get into any clubs after hours.
Excited to join we found our local Active Fitness and signed up. We paid the new owner in full two memberships and got the full discount deals spoken about above. The club was still 4 weeks away from opening but we didn't care as we would be on the road full time

The huge thing the new club owner didn't tell us was our real start of the month long wait doesn't start until his club opened. So he gladly took our money but didn't tell us that the real month wait wasn't starting.
Many phone calls from us, after the month passed when we paid him and we couldn't get access after hours or weekends.
We have been able to use 1 club visit one afternoon in 7 weeks. The club owner wouldn't return our calls and never fully told us what was up until now. Beware buyers of any club owner as they are independent and you never know what honesty and service you will really get.
Anyone a phone number of someone at the main office? No, not the future franchise owner inquire phone number that's on their website.

GandJ

Active Expediter
We joined 7 weeks ago and can not use our keys to get into any clubs after hours.
Excited to join we found our local Active Fitness and signed up. We paid the new owner in full two memberships and got the full discount deals spoken about above. The club was still 4 weeks away from opening but we didn't care as we would be on the road full time

The huge thing the new club owner didn't tell us was our real start of the month long wait doesn't start until his club opened. So he gladly took our money but didn't tell us that the real month wait wasn't starting.
Many phone calls from us, after the month passed when we paid him and we couldn't get access after hours or weekends. The return calls never came from him.
We have been able to use 1 club visit one afternoon in 7 weeks. The club owner wouldn't return our calls and never fully told us what was up until now. Beware buyers of any club owner, as they are independent and you never know what honesty and service you will really get.
Anyone have a phone number of someone at the main office? No, not the future franchise owner inquire phone number that's on their website.