anyone tell me about

wombat5210

Expert Expediter
can anyone out there tell me about landstar express versus panther 11 or the other many companys who should i if i get into this hotshot work be with /???
wombat waiting for a answer

TRUCK 57

Expert Expediter
TRUCK 57 I HAVE ABOUT THE SAME QUESTION, FED/EX OR PANTHER II, LOOKING AT SELLING MY FLATBED AND BUYING A BOX TRUCK, I LIVE JUST ABOUT 30 MINUTES SOUTH OF AKRON. WOULD LIKE MORE INFO THAN WHAT RECRUITER IS TELLING ME, ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE GLAD TO HEAR IT.....

bosn004

Expert Expediter
I currently have two D units with Landstar Express America. 1 team and 1 solo driver. Both are doing well and we expect that things will further improve as we move into spring and summer. LEAM is truely a no forced dispatch operation and a stress free invironment. You must however, be pro-active working with the agents and sister companies if you want to be successful. Not only will you receive calls from agents, you need to call and let them know where you are each day. Infact you will build a strong repore with certan agents and they really try to keep you rolling. Since leaving another expedite company two years ago, we have never been happier. Unfortunately I can not give you any info on Panther II. LEAM is a wonderful company. Good Luck!

rpompeo1

Expert Expediter
Hey Wombat......how have ya been?
Hope you make the right decision as the last time i talked to ya it was in Nashville as we were layed over and you gave me alot of info on your carrier and was thinking about moving on..

Well let me tell you i think myself it is time to make the move as i was thinking about going with your company and let me tell ya there is a lot of unhappy drivers with the co that your with so that made up my mind to not sign on with them...

I am cuurently signed on with FDCC and being a solo driver they are killing me with there computerized dispatch mile limitations for a single driver just ask anyone running single..and if they tell you different you know they are lying...

Hope you make the move and good luck see ya again out there.....and keep your club away from the lizards here in the USA....HA HA

wombat5210

Expert Expediter
still trying to find the lizards

well hi
but you got me really wondering who you are want to give a me a little clue ,and yes still got my flash out looking for that yummy lizard the ones that walk around truck stops ,
but getting ready bags are packed to fly home to oz ( australia) for you yanks ok and catch up with a few old buddys and smoke a heck of alot of :censoredsign:s and consum a even bigger amount of good aussie beer VB OR XXXX BEER maybe both ,
i will not be back out there on the road till or around the 7th of may depending how hungover i am after 21/2 weeks back home but i cannot waiting to see who you are by the way will be on cell till 11.oo pm LA time after that it is turn off as the 747 taxi up lax runway bound for outback australia

kangaroo,s meat pies cold beer and aussie sheilas till then

wombat 10/4
:) ;) :D :p :* ;-) :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

rpompeo1

Expert Expediter
RE: still trying to find the lizards

Hey just wanted to let ya know i was the Fed Ex driver and
we was at the Tv watching the weather and the storm that was going up the north east...Also there was a flatbed driver from canada there as we was just standing around shooting the breeze and waitng as we all do in the expediting business........and was asking you about your company and kind of glad i did not move there... i dont want to give my name out but will try to keep an eye out for ya....have fun back home and see ya soon.........

melanie

Expert Expediter
2 yrs with Landstar (dispatch)

Look into Landstar, they've got a lot to offer. If doing your own dispatch is a scary thought, I can help. I bring with me experience with Landstar's system and a whole slew of their agents that prefer to work with me. My father is an owner/operator with Landstar and I do his dispatch. I research the freight on the internet. Once I locate it, I make sure it's profitable using a program I designed, then make sure the destination is not in a freight "dead-zone". Then I book it, get directions, etc. and relay it all to him when it's convenient for him. And when he's ready to come home, I get him home. All he has to worry about is traffic. I can do this for anyone, no matter where they live. Nothing in this world is free, but the price is negotiable!! Email me at [email protected].