Anyone know what kind of body/box is on this Transit?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Also wondering how the weight capacity is kinda reminds me of a frito lay body on the Sprinter. Given the weight capacity a 16ft would be nice to have on Cargo Van 3500/4500 chassis. Definitely not as wide as a box truck cargo van but wider then standard cargo van. Might give a ring down there to this plumbing company and see if they can relay the specs.

Check these out for additional ideas:

Last edited:

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the tip LDB, I was able to find it here. Checking into the weight capacity and specs. Anyone know if it would work for expediting?
Looks like unfortunately they only fit the transit, checking to see if they have a Sprinter 3500/4500 option.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I think it would be great for expediting. With the side door up front you could access your "sleeper" even with a large load in place that blocks the rear door. It will be much more fuel efficient than a "yellow cube". They offer some great options for cargo control, fold down shelving etc. that could accommodate all sorts of freight. The only thing would be making sure to stick with one of the 9990 GVW options to avoid logging.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Synergy Upfit Inc

Needs to catch on to what aerocell is doing and make a sleek narrow box that blends into the sleeper they have. Narrow is key, no need to go wide. Keep all the lines clean and one width and more aero dynamic, some good ideas coming to the cargo van world here.

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The only thing would be making sure to stick with one of the 9990 GVW options to avoid logging.

As a friendly reminder, the logging in Ontario Canada starts at 9920lbs.

If he doesn't care then that's great, however it's worth mentioning as it will limit the options for freight and being a van
in an already flooded market, I know I wouldn't limit those options, but if his carrier can keep him busy stateside only then it's all good.

I always like to add this info when I see posts about logging just for everyone's benefit so as to hopefully not have someone get off to a bad start and end up with a case of buyers remorse.

Edit: I don't think the OP is a newbie and probably already knows this. I'm sure Leo does as well, I just want to reinforce the info for everyone's benefit. :)

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
As a friendly reminder, the logging in Ontario Canada starts at 9920lbs.

If he doesn't care then that's great, however it's worth mentioning as it will limit the options for freight and being a van
in an already flooded market, I know I wouldn't limit those options, but if his carrier can keep him busy stateside only then it's all good.

I always like to add this info when I see posts about logging just for everyone's benefit so as to hopefully not have someone get off to a bad start and end up with a case of buyers remorse.

Edit: I don't think the OP is a newbie and probably already knows this. I'm sure Leo does as well, I just want to reinforce the info for everyone's benefit. :)
Thank you for posting this. I believe I did know it but I've since forgotten. I haven't driven in almost 10 years now and have forgotten a lot plus a lot has changed.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
T270, when asking your local plumber or FritoLay guy....remember, they don't log because they stay in the 100 mile circle, so most of them are over 10,000 lbs, and experience almost no DOT enforcement anyways. The 'light weight' FritoLay Sprinters were 8800 lbs empty. So unless you're interstating chips or those air pillows, they're useless.

Reactions: T270_Dreamin

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This thing looks well over 10k. I've never ever been stopped by DOT in my 1/2 million miles experience 06 Sprinter 158 cargo 2500. So you're saying if you run dual wheels and barely over 10k you all the sudden gotta start stopping in at scales?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you are over 10k it doesn't matter how many wheels. You have to log, scale, and all the rest of the nuisances.