Anyone driving for farm 2 fleet?

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
Anyone current or past driving for them? I'd like to get info for this company. Getting tired of regional work, with no hope of earning better $$$

fatboy1

Veteran Expediter
We ran 1 week for them only one load freight not there yet for straight trucks not sure about cargo vans hear tractors do OK . We moved on to a better company. I will give them 6 mos to a yr then see.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
they partnered up with whirlwind not long ago and I think they may have bought them out. they are technically owned by covenant trucking(big truckload company). ran a load or two for them so far, don't think we have had any problems.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not owned by Covenant. I do fairly well here with a 53' dry van. Things are much different than when I first started here a couple of years ago. At that point in time it was a situation where pretty much one was thrown to the wolves and you either make it on spot market load board freight or you don't. As it turned out I'm pretty good at working spot freight and made a lot of good expedite connections in a short period of time. We built on that reputation and things took off from there. A lot of operators have come here and left. It just wasn't a good fit. Self dispatching off loadboard freight isn't for the faint of heart or those who can't think quick on their feet. We do have some good 3PL connections now that keep me off the loadboards for the most part anymore. I'd say at one time if you weren't independent minded you wouldn't work out here at all. Anymore I think trucks leasing on are being dispatched but I'm not 100% sure on that. I still pretty much do my own thing. I like it and the only way I'd ever leave would be to get my own numbers. There is nothing out there that compares to what I have here other than independent or Landstar.

TonyD

Active Expediter
We run for them. Absolutely no problems. Great dispatchers. Talk straight to the owners. Quick payment. I would recommend them.

rodeehos

Seasoned Expediter
not sure what the true relationship is, but we did a load for them not too long ago, and on the rate sheet, the "bill to" company was "farm2fleet trucking/covenant solutions expedite", so was under the impression that covenant had some kind of ownership?????????????? but they were fine to work with.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's separate. There is no ownership of Farm2Fleet by Covenant. They wanted to get into the expedite business and Bill Hood's office manages that for them.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
We are not owned by Covenant. Earlier this year we had to make a decision on what to do with our brokerage authority. We made a strategic decision that we would be come an agent of a larger broker and after some research we settled on Covenant Solutions.

That opened discussion regarding expedite. Fast forward and they contracted with us to run their expedited division, Covenant Transport Solutions Expedited (we just call it Covenant Expedited).

Our focus right now is growing with Straight Trucks (we already have 3,800+ tractor power units under CTG). All units are run under the Covenant authority and not Farm2Fleet. Drivers for fleet owners are employees of Covenant (W-2 with workers comp, health insurance, 401k, vacation, etc.). True Owner Operators are 1099.

We are not leasing cargo vans or sprinters for Farm2Fleet or Covenant. At Farm2Fleet we are actually pulling back from that side and just working with a select group of drivers that we enjoy working with.

Hope that answers peoples questions. Trying to balance this post between being informative and not sounding like a recruiting pitch.

BigBadBill

Active Expediter
not sure what the true relationship is, but we did a load for them not too long ago, and on the rate sheet, the "bill to" company was "farm2fleet trucking/covenant solutions expedite", so was under the impression that covenant had some kind of ownership?????????????? but they were fine to work with.

We do this in Sylectus to because we are set-up as a carrier under our Farm2Fleet Authority but we are an agent for Covenant Solutions on the brokerage side.

kastmgmt

Not a Member
From my understanding, Farm2Fleet is set up to where you have complete control of your business. Drivers with them look for their own loads, set their own rates, home time, etc. It sounds like you should find a carrier that will hold your hand if their system doesn't work for you. As far as their 20%, yes you are using their MC number, aren't they allowed to be profitable??

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
From my understanding, Farm2Fleet is set up to where you have complete control of your business. Drivers with them look for their own loads, set their own rates, home time, etc. It sounds like you should find a carrier that will hold your hand if their system doesn't work for you. As far as their 20%, yes you are using their MC number, aren't they allowed to be profitable??
not bad, assuming they do all the billing and collecting, and also have quick pay to pay owner operators/fleet owners/agents?

Reactions: kastmgmt