Anyone Drive for T&K?

DannyD

Veteran Expediter
I drove for them. I didn't get much work from them. Some of that may be because of where I live. One thing that I didn't care for was they'd call & wake me up every morning. I'd call them the nite before saying where I was. It didn't matter, they'd call to make sure I was still there.

It's one thing to get woken up if they're bidding on a load for ya. It's another to just get woken up for no good reason.

Some people do ok w/ em. Others not so well. Those wake up calls are something I'd rather not deal w/ though.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
And again , don't forget about " LARRY " the 7 : 00 A.M. wake up caller duder . Actually , I kind of felt a little bit sorry for Larry the 7:00 A.M. wake up caller duder because , how should I say it . I may not have been the most cordial 7 :00 A.M. person that he woke up every morning . And yes , I would call every night to let them know where , what , if , how ,in service - out of service , and let's throw in again - where I was . Next morning - 7:00 A.M. = ring ring a ding a ling . Just absolutely ridiculous !! That's my story and I'm sticking to it .

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
...and after my boyfriend would call them at 5AM with his POD and tell them his location, please don't call, no need to call, I am going to sleep now: never failed. Phone would ring...I would just pull the blanket up over my head while my poor boyfriend dealt with it. He even asked them MORE THAN ONCE: how do I make certain you know not to call me, that my location is noted for you to see? It didn't matter, they would tell him in subsequent calls that they had his locale and he wouldn't get a call; BUT HE DID. He could not turn his phone off for he runs for other carriers. There are other stories that I wouldn't post publicly, they are that bad. Probably things that could have been excused if they did not come on the heels of so many other missteps. It all added up to a relationship that wasn't going to work for my boyfriend.

Last edited:

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
Sounds like they're an ok carrier if you're using them as a secondary or tertiary source.

But I think I can pass on them as a primary.

Thanks!
Christopher

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Sounds like they're an ok carrier if you're using them as a secondary or tertiary source.

Mind you, they weren't my boyfriend's primary. They were a peripheral; and they still weren't worth it to him. I guess it all depends on what a driver is willing to put up with.

RoadDawgg

Expert Expediter
:eek:

Ok, maybe not. I got no patience for being woke up needlessly. It can be hard enough to sleep as it is.

Thanks!
Christopher

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
You got that right; and when other companies don't act that way, it's hard to tolerate the one that does.