anyone currently with Dynamex expedite London?

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
im close to signing on.. im living in Niagara falls. do they have hauls to buffalo ny.. and pa etc. i was told they dont often go beyond 750 miles however i met a driver who went to texas and to seattle. But that sucks if he couldnt get paid to go back!
need an idea of the lanes they run if you get expedited back hauls.. how much waiting. what your avg per mile comes out to be both ways.. etc. miles a week yearly possible gross
my insurance is 372 a month (without the cargo, they pay that.. and the nal ) so thats a plus.

do they bid on boards for freight? i know they have some dedicated freight. and i know their pay structure already seen the contract just want current opinion i dont need another 2 month carrier on my resume lol PM me if you dont wanna reply on forum.

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
formerly the cambridge division.
someone has got to have the inside scoop on now ive read past comments from years ago i just need to know if ill make the money march-september and not get fudged around like RjR etc

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Cambridge is gone.

The "hearsay" is they are beginning to look for backhauls now. They do NOT have a useful 24h dispatch, meaning at 11 pm (or even earlier) there is no one looking for a backhaul. Doesn't mean you won't be set up already on another regular run, but expect a larger amount of deadhead than you would be used to.

I left after 10 years due to this, last year.

Their customers pay better than the industry average on Sylectus. They never bounce a cheque. They are respectful in dispatch, something you don't see here anymore.

Without giving the goods away, they do have 1 or 2 customers in Buffalo...its used to give those coming home SOMETHING at least to come back to. Just because you live in Niagara Falls doesn't mean you'll get it.

What are you looking for? If you want regular runs, that's their specialty. If you want expedite, that's not them, at least at the moment...

My info is 6 months out of date, but that was the situation...i was basically serving 3 customers with an occasional 2 more thrown in...signing there today would mean you will be willing to accept their learning curve getting back into expedite

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
they told me they merged cambridge and london for a better customer base.. and would be more expedite?

i am looking for expedite. both ways. or at least ltls to bring me back so i still make at least the .90 a mile cdn average.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well full disclosure, I'm in the process of going back there as well, I was only averaging 70c a mile US in expedite, and lately I had to go 4-5 hours out of my way for a "backhaul"

The way I see it, you can either work for a bunch of dicks and make a little more money (maybe) or work for a company that understands what "owner operator" means. Dynamex does. And their customers pay well. If you expect to go all over North America on deliveries and then get backhauls from those locations, well that wasn't Dynamex last summer.

The 700 mile circle from home they have suits me well, no sitting 4-5 days waiting for a backhaul...i'd just go home or move to their next pickup area.

What they plan in doing is getting back a little of what they used to do. Cambridge was expedite only...all other offices were local...London is still in transition as they took on the last of us orphan expedite drivers and gave us something to do. I thank them for it

Now what do you want? What did they tell you? Maybe you'll be the "guinea pig" for them to work expedite again and train the others to bid jobs...I can't really say what is best for YOU anyway

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Oh and be careful how you present this "insider knowledge" when you talk to them, just use what I say to your advantage...corporate secrets and all lol

Damn insurance is in its 3rd week just to get a quote, I'd be there right now and just tell you what's happening, the info I've got is from the grapevine

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can suggest where to find expedite loads I already told them I like driving far.
I need somewhere to turn in a profit after the insurance etc tolls and somewhere where I'll go through nf enough to go home sometimes
I worked for pacex many years I made good money there on local runs expedite was all one way usually made 70 to 80 cents in end odd time u would double up or get back haul sounds like similar but I'm weary of this tst merge and the rebuilding In London

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep if you were at Pacex then you already know.

They've shown every sign of wanting to expand, probably you will be suggesting those loads in the beginning...but where do you go? Expedite sucks right now IMO

Just out of curiosity what was the Nray run paying when you left? PM me if you think its a secret ;)

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yep nothing changed. Did that from 2006 on, when Cambridge closed they took one look at the rate and said no way...

Edit: hotel never lol

I feel sorry for you guys, at least my fuel was 1.00 a gallon

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well they can go on active on demand and other boards for the Cincinnati backhand hauls
Instead of coming empty
The money always better outbound from Canada

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Its a new thing to a local based carrier tho...thats' your decision, get in early or go with somebody doing all expedite...

ManicStreetSprinter

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I dunno I'm out of other hiring options other than rjr and I've read too much scary stuff
But their miles and insurance covered and most everything reimbursed is good
Where was your expedite experience recently?

1.00 a gallon? How
I fuel in states when I can but my diesel is usually at least 2.50

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
1.00 a gallon CNG in Buffalo...after diesel hit 4.30 in Ohio I went a little nuts and designed and built a long range compressed natural gas hauler out of a 2003 Ram Van 3500...a little tough to plan fuel stops off a dedicated run so I went back to diesel last april

Last edited: