Anybody have an opinion about ALL-TYPES?

vandriver

Expert Expediter
Looking to work for ALL-TYPES EXPEDITING,they are in Fort Wayne. I'd be located in SE Michigan. Is 400 miles a day a reasonable expectation with this company? If you've had experice with them I would welcome your comments. I guess I should ask in all fairness is 400 miles a day reasonable expectation with any expediting company?

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I would suggest you take an hour or two and read through the archives in both this and the General forum. I am sure you will find out what you are looking for.

merkurfan

Expert Expediter
400 miles a day, 400 miles a week.. it all depends on the freight. 1000 to 2500 a week is what your going to get most of the time. But some weeks it could be none, others it could be 4000... Manage your money for the weeks when miles are low, and save it when the miles are high.

I ran in to a all types driver in detroit at a shipper. She said read the fine print in the 30 page contract VERY carfully. She said if you refuse a load it costs you 100 bucks, they do try to force dispatch, they will fight you every step of the way when it comes time to collect your .80 a mile, they will short you on the fuel surcharge, and there are several up front costs they don't like to talk about.

Of course take what I just said as hearsay. Because that is what it is. You won't find a all-types driver hanging around at a truck stop because they tend not to go far from where they delivered. All-types does not use express areas.

I would think you would be better off with one of the fine companies listed on this site.

kma637

Expert Expediter
I am a recent driver for All Types.. All I can say is run, run,run!!! Check the archives of this site!! If you really want to know about them , contact me at [email protected] I will be happy to send you copies of my problems with them and thier answers. It's all documented. x(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
am a recent driver for All Types.. All I can say is run, run,run!!! Check the archives of this site!! If you really want to know about them

Probably good advise.
I have yet to see a positive post with regards to your mentioned company.
Davekc