Any info on Tran Stewart would be helpful

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
I'm thinking about signing on with Tran Stewart and would like to know other driver experiences with them. They sound very good but was misled before and don't want to make mistake again. Just want the facts - no B.S. Please let me know how they stack up. Either here or my e mail at [email protected].
THANK YOU

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Read back at least one year in the general, newbies and recruiter forums. You'll find everything that's been posted on them as well as lots of other stuff you don't know yet that you need to know. If you want to get to it quicker than reading back a year use the search function. You still need to read at least one year back to remotely learn enough before getting into this career.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

jwgmover

Expert Expediter
Is this going to be your reply to every question, or our you just trying to get your post count up?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
more to this business than just asking how many miles a company averages or if the dispatchers call you sir or hon. At that initial stage one doesn't even begin to know all the questions they should be asking. My goal is to get them to do enough research to know what they are getting into.

Many people have the mistaken notion that trucking in general and expediting in particular is a comparatively easy way to make fairly good money. They come in and get focused on a specific company and ask about money, miles, hometime or whatever without doing good research into the business in general. In a few months they lose everything because they don't have a good foundation of money handling skills and didn't build a good foundation of information on this business.

The other issue is that some of these people are just lazy and don't want to go to the trouble of reading back through the forum. If they aren't willing to do that relatively simple work toward a career then how much work are they going to give once they get in a truck?

Whether it's excessive eagerness to get into this with a specific company or it's laziness doesn't matter. Either way they need to do it right or their chance of success is severely impacted. I can't tell which is which from a post so they both get the same response. I'm trying to show them how to fish, not just hand them the fish. I could care less about my post count.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually, there is an anchored thread discussing research. EO is here for the newbie to learn and LDB hits the nail squarely when he says that they probably don't know what they should be asking. There are common questions that have been answered many times and all it takes is research to find the answers you need.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
KW Express
o/o till i die

there was a driver here this last weekend said he drove for them for a while didnt really comment on the money or miles all he said was after bussiness hours when he would call he would always hear a bunch of crying kids in the background.I guess he didnt like them that much cause he is no longer there.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When you walk up to the desk in the library and say you have to do a report on the evolution of personal computers and the effect of the space program on that evolution the librarian doesn't dictate the text of your report to you. The librarian directs you to the information. I've answered the same question multiple times just like many other forum participants. I realize now that it's better to direct people to the information so they'll absorb more and retain more than if I just hand them a single answer. I'm sorry if having to work a little for anwers upsets some users but in the long run it's worth more when worked for.

EO Forum Moderator
----------

dieselphreak2K

Expert Expediter
No reason to jump on LDB. Most questions posted here have been asked a million times by others before. I read lots of archived posts before ever putting my first words on here. The FAQ also answers alot of the usual questions that come up.

I've heard good and bad about them.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
Now I understand what L.D.B. was meening . Kept hearing what he was saying but not understanding. Then it clicked. Don't need to hit me over the head twice ( lol ).So keep repeating yourself. Apparently it is working. I won't lie, I'm still lost but learning. People like me who are computer challenged need LOT'S of help.

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
I was searching Eo for about 4 or so months before i even signed up. I just read alot of post that was going on and going back in the post. Most message boards that i vist or goto are the same, check back first before you ask cause the basic answer is to check back in the post. Also something i noticed too is if you find a post that is useful and you have a question about it to post in in and bump it up that way its easier to post on.

Most the time i try to answer people and their post but it will just be short like "yea they are good" or "i've heard bad things" but wont go into detail about something because its been beaten to death before.

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
How about just getting back to his question ???
All he wants to know is about other drivers experiences !!!!!

Mike
Whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you Whitewolf 53.Too often the banter back and forth reminds me of a room full of ladies!! Just the facts please.

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
Been driving for transtewart for 5 months now PM me and i'll try to answer your questions or call Jerry Stewart and ask him yourself.

Research is all fine and dandy I lurked on this site for months learning what i could before i dived in. But sometimes a straight forward answer is good. A person may not have the time to be online searching thru months of post(that often stray from the topic)but instead may have to deal with work and family.

I personally found this site to be usefull and informitive and well worth the time spent. Even though I have made some mistakes and still may make more, but learning.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really think you're being a bit tough on everyone here Jeffman. The only problem here is that it took 10 days for someone with direct knowledge of the company to respond. In the meantime, others told you how you might find the info from past posts. Was'nt this better than being ignored? Yes, we are guilty of exchanging banter here from time to time, and there are ladies on this site. But, you know, once we let them vote that pretty much opened the flood gates. Anyway, I'm sure Outwardbound will be able to answer all your questions. Best of luck.

jeffman164

Seasoned Expediter
Sorry Highway Star . Wasn't trying to be meen. I was trying to make a joke and lighten things up a bit. After re reading my post - guess it did sound kind of bad!! I'll try to be more careful. Any information is good information to somebody.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My apologies for not picking up on that. I hope you got what you needed and let us know how things work out.