Any expediting companies offering fleet driver opp to purchase real group health ins

carmi777

Seasoned Expediter
Hi guys, I'm looking to start as soon as I can get matched with owner and company. I'm looking for a carrier that is solo straight truck driver friendly and offers real group health insurance that I can buy through them (not the AFLAC type stuff where they pay you per incident, but real insurance).

I'm based out of Chicago but home-time not a real issue for me so open to any carrier that meets above criteria. Opportunity for home-time will only be used to decide dead-even tie-breakers between carriers, but again over-all not an issue.

Solo straight truck friendly is important. Some carriers are more geared towards team and I respect that and can understand why. I prefer straight truck but will consider Sprinter w/dedicated sleeper.

Real GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE is important because I've got some nice money saved up and trying to save even more to become an O/O. I don't want to see that all wiped away in one incident. According to statistics, that is the number one way people become broke. It's so much cheaper to buy it through a group plan too.

Let me know if this applies to your carrier so I can become qualified through you and get on the road.

Thanks guys. P.S. already received all the emails that say this can't be and why it can't be. I'm not looking for can't do's and that's impossible's, I'm looking for possibles and can do's. Lol..didn't mean to sound like an a**h***, but hate naysayers and negative people. Sincerely, thank you recruiters for your time and advice.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Re: Any expediting companies offering fleet driver opp to purchase real group health

No negativity here - just reality.

Call your local Chamber of Commerce to enroll in their group health insurance plan. I just don't think you will find any Carrier or Company willing to allow "Independent Contractors" to enroll in their "Employee" Health Plan.

Thanks,

HotFr8Recruiter

carmi777

Seasoned Expediter
Re: Any expediting companies offering fleet driver opp to purchase real group health

Thanks for your response. How about the carriers that offer health insurance to their o/o, does that extend to fleet operators?
BTW, thanks for giving me a constructive negative answer with a solution. I sincerely do appreciate that.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management

Carmi;

I don't think there are any "businesses" that offer the "true" health benefits like Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Paramount, etc... to their Independent Contractors. There may be companies that offer "health isnurance" but it most likely high deductible, limited plan that is sold on an individual basis, and will be "administered" through a third party - not be directly associated with that business.

Thanks,

John
HotFr8recruiter

carmi777

Seasoned Expediter

ah ok. thanks for the info. Not a deal breaker. Can always pick it up on my own (just kind of expensive), or just take a chance and roll the old dice. Thanks.

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

ah ok. thanks for the info. Not a deal breaker. Can always pick it up on my own (just kind of expensive), or just take a chance and roll the old dice. Thanks.

If you are looking for occupational health insurance/ disability policy, call Commercial Insurance Solutions and get your own policy that you can take wherever you go.