Any companies?

Draco

Expert Expediter
Does anyone know of any companies that don't require you to goto Canada? I've got a boxer that travels with me and I do my own shots and I was told that I can't go in because of that. So any clue what companies to check into?

Oh and I drive a Sprinter w/ sleeper.

Wolf_Exp

Expert Expediter
Try Hours doesnt. They asked me if I wanted to or not-- they said some guys want to-- some hate the idea. They leave it up to you. Im sure there are some other companies.

Doug

MSinger

Expert Expediter
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with 12' cube. Dock high with jackstands. 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel.

I was just visiting the On Time Express website. They are out of Plymouth, MI and their site states they have no Canadian authority.
www.ontimeexpress.com

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Why would you do that? If your dog was even accused of biting someone, it would be DESTROYED immediatly for the rabies test. They remove the head after they kill it also. You could not prove to a Police officer that you administer your own Vet treatments, even if he believed you the law is the law you must have the certificate.

And this has nothing to do with going to Canada, from one Boxer/Pug/Boston Bull Lover. Get the shot and carry the certificate for the animals sake.

Draco

Expert Expediter
>Why would you do that? If your dog was even accused of
>biting someone, it would be DESTROYED immediatly for the
>rabies test. They remove the head after they kill it also.
>You could not prove to a Police officer that you administer
>your own Vet treatments, even if he believed you the law is
>the law you must have the certificate.
>
>And this has nothing to do with going to Canada, from one
>Boxer/Pug/Boston Bull Lover. Get the shot and carry the
>certificate for the animals sake.

He gets his rabies shots from a vet so no problem there it's just the other shots that I give myself. I got told twice that because I give the other shots mysef I can't go in. A few years back I had a German Shepherd that was 3/4 German import and 1/4 American shepherd and they threatened to take him more than once and all his shots were done by the vet. Their excuse: "He'd make a great border patrol dog." I said well here's my proof that all his shots are in order, both times I was told that doesn't matter. If we want him we could take him, I said go ahead and try. ;)

So ever since then I figured that with the exception of the rabies shot I might as well give my own shots. I know people that do it all the time and have never had a problem. So no worries there believe me my boy is better treated than most dogs. As I don't see him as a dog I see him as a partner and best friend. :)