Any body having problems with a 2012 sprinter ?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Def light coming on doesn't automatically put you in limp mode. As long as you don't go in limp or countdown with the Def light on it will most likely correct itself at some point and go back off on its own.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Often even a countdown mode will suddenly stop, know a bunch of people who have experienced it.

mitchmnt2008

Active Expediter
I don't have a 2012 only an 2008 sprinter was just asking in case mine has a major breakdown. I would go get a new one. Also I know there 2010 \ 2011 models are crap with there def fluid problems I was hoping someone has a 2012 they can report about thanks Dst001
I had a 2010 and now I have a 2013 and I have problems with DEF , I would never buy a Sprinter again unless you want to spend a lot of money for repairs and keep it in shop for weeks at the time to try to get it fix.

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I drive a 2011 Sprinter.
Had an "AGR" Recall...just an update via computer. (No EGR as of yet)
With 313K miles on her she just recently needed a new:
NOx Sensor, Oxygen Sensor and DPF Sensor.
New Front Struts and Alternator at around 270K.
No Major issues (knock on plastic...YET).
Don't idle (except 10 min. for Maggie when I run in and out from S/R) and change the Filters, Oil and Transmission Fluid regularily.

Reactions: xiggi

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a 2012 with 70,000 miles I lost power and does not want to go. Any sugjestions
Your best bet is to get it to a dealer and have the computer check done. It could be anything from a bad sensor to your window being open to far.