Any advice

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
Im ready to hop into the sprinter but being 22 its a pain to find a place that will finance.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

paullud

Veteran Expediter
You will run into more issues because you are an independent contractor and won't have 2 years of tax returns to provide. There was that guy that was posting on here about financing based on the collateral, I don't know if he decided to advertise or not.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
I really like sprinters the way they drive n mpg they get. Theres not to many used cargomaxxs around either.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
I really like sprinters the way they drive n mpg they get. Theres not to many used cargomaxxs around either.

Check Shaheen Chevrolet in Lansing.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk

moose

Veteran Expediter
Can you find a 'Co signed' ?
someone that know you and will trust you with his money ?
if so, go to your local bank, and get a co signed business loan.
it will go on your credit, but the co signer will be the one assuming the risk.
that's how i'v started. it was just a 4,000$ car, but 6 months later i was approved on a big truck loan.

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sprinters do get good fuel mileage and the ride is nice. The newer ones are quiet, too-- none of that diesel "death rattle" idle noise.

The problem could be when it breaks and you need to get it fixed. It's a Mercedes, and Mercedes seems to have a terrible problem with repair and service. Wait two or three weeks for the part you need to be shipped from Germany. A couple of times going around with that could be enough to make you re-think this one. We've got a guy on this board who recently had a go-around trying to get his Freightliner trans replaced. That's Mercedes too-- see what he had to go through to get back on the road, and he was/maybe still is about to swear off Freightliners for that reason. Great trucks until they break-- then, nightmares.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
thats me, in day 15 of my headache, think twice, I'm no longer a fan of freightliner, or mb for that matter, no service, have to use their service, it's a no brainer for me, when this is over I'm shopping in the next 6 months, and it won't be frightliner ( not spelling of frightliner, it's no joke)
Consider the fact there is only 1 rebuilder of sprinter transmissions, does that tell you something, and there are no rebuilders of the trans in my str8 truck.

tk