Answer a few questions

G

I have been out of the OTR trucking industry for over 20yrs, and want to get back out there. I know thing have changed ALOT in that many years, but would really love to get back on the road. I live in northwest michigan, 49, married, 2 teenagers at home, and unemployed at this time. I let my CDL go by the wayside so I will have to get it again what type of endorcements are needed?
I am willing to work anywhere and will do anything to get back on the road. I sold an outdoor furniture business in the spring and took time off to spend with my kids until they go back to school. I have been doing alot of checking and think that Expediting may be the way for me to go. How much home time do you get? What kind of pay can I expect? Do any companies lease trucks to you if you drive for them? Do any O/O's hire drivers?
Any suggestions or advise or information you have will be greatly apprecaited.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
How
>much home time do you get? What kind of pay can I expect? Do
>any companies lease trucks to you if you drive for them? Do
>any O/O's hire drivers?
>Any suggestions or advise or information you have will be
>greatly apprecaited.

you missed a golden opportunity by only a week. The Expedite Expo at the Detroiter Truck stop in Woodhaven, Mi last week had the answers to all your questions; sorry we missed seeing you there.

To be competitive, you'll need a hazmat endorsement on an A, B, or C class license. Air Brakes also if in a vehicle so equiped.

See the classified ads in this site for owners looking for drivers. Sounds like you'd rather be a driver for an O/O. Don't know of any expedite carriers that lease trucks but plenty of leased owners do so. How much you want to get home is related to the pay you can expect tot earn, so you'll have to get those answers from a potential owner. Can't otherwise answer your pay question without details of your truck size/company/team or single/etc.

click on the 'read new' icon under conferences forum and ask for the new posts for the last week. lots of info there.

Let's talk again when you narrow down your requirements/desires

Terry