annual gross averages

terryhop

Expert Expediter
To all you experienced drivers, I'm sure I'll be showing my Naievete here but I recently read that Panther II is including the fuel surcharge in their per loaded mile pay. They said this puts it at 1.85 per loaded mile. If one works 255 days averaging 300 loaded miles a day that's $141,305! Surely this can't be right. I understand the expenses are high but if this is accurate I need to jump in yesterday. Any thoughts.

Thanks

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
First you have to average 300 loaded miles per day. Also consider the truck gets from 6 to 8 miles per gallon. Oil changes are $120.00. Tires are $300.00 to $450.00ea and most repairs run from $500 to $1000. You have to pay for your own health insurance and there are incdental daily expenses because you are living on the road. Not complaining here, just a little reality check.

G

Where does $1.85 come from? I thought they were paying $1.20 or so plus the fuel surcharge which is never more then .25, making it $1.45 a mile, tops.

Also, there WILL be deadhead, which will quickly drag that overall per mile rate down.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
They get that number from adding accessory charges, fuel surcharge, detention,DH and empty move pay,Canada border crossing pay, and layover pay to arrive at that number. If it is a special services truck, then it would be higher. I might have forgotten a item or two but you get the picture.
$141,000 sounds too high for a single operator truck. You may not be running everyday as a single.

Davekc

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For all paid miles driven with Panther my fsc has averaged 12.06 cpm. Some jobs pay a really good fsc and a few pay none. For a D unit truck I'd figure on $1.30 to $1.32 per loaded mile. One dollar per mile for all miles would be more realistic. Solo in a D unit about 90k miles for the year is also more realistic.

Leo
truck 4958
73 KE5FJG

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.