Android Radio App

Camper

Not a Member
I'm thinking of opting for this Android-based Radio App, known as Xiia Live Live Radio Streaming | XiiaLive

I'm thinking it could be a good substitute for Sirius. I figure, at a one-time cost of $4.99 for the app vs. a monthly subscription to Sirius, it might be worth looking into.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions on this app or similar ones would be greatly appreciated.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I'm thinking of opting for this Android-based Radio App, known as Xiia Live Live Radio Streaming | XiiaLive

I'm thinking it could be a good substitute for Sirius. I figure, at a one-time cost of $4.99 for the app vs. a monthly subscription to Sirius, it might be worth looking into.

Any thoughts and/or suggestions on this app or similar ones would be greatly appreciated.

I see they have a free version that you could try before paying, why not check it out??

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I actually have the Free(Lite) version as we speak. I was wondering if anyone had either the full version of this particular app or anything similar before I take the $4.99 plunge.

I have iheart but I don't use it often. I don't like the way these apps track with the movement of the vehicle because it depends on the strength of the signal.

Maybe someone else will have more knowledge of these things and can make suggestions.

Camper

Not a Member
I don't like the way these apps track with the movement of the vehicle because it depends on the strength of the signal.

That's one of the cons I'm weighing Vs. the pros.

I'd be curious to know how others think these internet radio apps compare to Satellite.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
If you wouldn't mind elaborating on the advantages of Satellite over these apps from your perspective, that would help a bit.

First, I should ask you if you have satellite radio and are trying to get away from the monthly fee or are you considering which one to go with?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you wouldn't mind elaborating on the advantages of Satellite over these apps from your perspective, that would help a bit.

Do you have unlimited data on your phone? If not it can get expensive real quick.

Camper

Not a Member
First, I should ask you if you have satellite radio and are trying to get away from the monthly fee or are you considering which one to go with?

Good question and the good answer is.... I don't have satellite radio, so I'm actually in the process of deciding between the two mediums (android App Vs. Satellite).

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't use a Droid but don't they have free streaming apps? On my iPhone I have stitcher, shoutcast, and tunein and they were free. I usually just listen to Sirius though. Content is king.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Good question and the good answer is.... I don't have satellite radio, so I'm actually in the process of deciding between the two mediums (android App Vs. Satellite).

That sure WAS a good question from Scottm. I think you're comparing apples to oranges. If the decision is between the two, hands down satellite radio if you can afford it. Have you tried this app while moving down the road? I can honestly say that when our satellite radio goes out it drives me nuts. It's one of those things that I don't want to leave home without, we've had it from the beginning and love it.

Now in saying that last, I just thought of something else. You might check on the price for satellite for the internet only, then download that app on your phone and try that one going down the road. If you have a good pair of stereo ear pods or a headset, that would be another option.

Camper

Not a Member
Have you tried this app while moving down the road? I can honestly say that when our satellite radio goes out it drives me nuts.QUOTE]

Yes, I've tried the free version while in transit and thus far, it's actually quite reliable. That raises another question of mine: How reliable has your satellite reception been?

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a Sirius Sportster 5. It has a pause function so if you need to get out of your truck you can pause for up to 90 minutes. Great feature.

Camper

Not a Member
I have a Sirius Sportster 5. It has a pause function so if you need to get out of your truck you can pause for up to 90 minutes. Great feature.

That pause feature is priceless. Yeah, I'm a bit of a Luddite when it comes to Apps and Satellite radio. I just can't seem to let go of my free terrestrial radio. Hence all the questions.