And now, the rest of the story

Coco

Seasoned Expediter
It’s a Sunday morning at 5 am and the ritual is the same. I turn on the computer, read the local newspaper, check my email and then click on EO. I scour through the new posts and then always get side tracked on something else. That something else is a stack of notes and micro cassettes of voice recordings. I click on Microsoft Word and go to a number of folders. Chapter 1 or 2 maybe 5 or 6 and rewrite some little detail I thought of through the night, while behind the wheel or riding shotgun. By 10 or 11 am Tod is awake and I put it all away until another Sunday.

This project is one of two books I have started and not finished. The above is a mystery novel and the other is a cookbook for expediters.

I have always done what I had to do. That is in regard to raising a family, finding a job, volunteering for this, that or the other. I have done many things in my lifetime but I feel like I have accomplished little. I truly believe this is because I have allowed myself to become a part of the woodwork of life. So now…..I am going to do what I want to do
rather than be a small part of many things.

The way I see it, I have about 23 years of life left. That’s the average life expectancy of a female now 53 years old and that would be me. Lol! In no way am I saying I am unhappy with my choices thus far. But I have to fully accomplish what I have started. And my time is limited. So I have decided to make this my first priority not just on Sunday mornings but until I get it finished. Maybe this time next year I can take some ad space on EO. If not, my husband and children will have something to read. And, I will have something to leave behind.

This is the main reason I have decided to no longer be a Moderator on EO. So, just hold the phone! I’m not gone yet!
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Coco,

We wish you the best of luck, and you will always have a place here! Thanks for all your help, and we're glad you're staying around as a member anyway!

Thanks again,

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"Good will, like a good name, is achieved by many actions and lost by one."

Zig Ziglar

ihamner

Expert Expediter
Well WOW! Coco, we wish you well! How exciting to go for your dream. I have a close friend who is an author so I can imagine what you are going through. She once told me that her characters in a book seem to sit on her shoulder and whisper in her ear all the time. She just HAS to tell their story. So what happens with your husband now? Is he going to be a single driver or what? I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear your book is ready to purchase. Keep us informed. india

India Hamner
[font color="purple"] FEDEX [/font][font color="blue"]Custom Critical[/font]
D Unit
When you jump for joy, beware that no one moves the ground from beneath your feet.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member
I can see you doing that as you are a VERY gifted writer..
Maybe a title like "Vegetable soup for the middle aged soul"
Anywho keep us posted I would honored to own a copy.
Mike