An Update

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Well last week my dedicated run was put on hold because it was shut down. You know the Automotive shut down. In any case I ran OTR while down. So I took the time to really use my GPS programs. If you all recall I have both Microsoft Streets and Trips and CoPilot Truck.

All of my runs were to places I have been before except for two runs. In any case for the runs I knew I used Co Pilot Truck and let it get me there. For the runs I did not know I used MS&Ts.

Bottom line. I start back today on my dedicated and I am happy about that because I can't stand being lost with Co Pilot Truck. Here is my opinion after comparing them side by side for a week. And keep in mind I have been using MS&Ts about 6 months.

CPTruck is a good software it simply is not laid out as well as MS&Ts and seems to have less info in it. As I said I knew where I was going but let CPT guide me. The best way I can describe it is that it is not enough info on the screen and seems to be to slow for me. If I actually waited and followed it, I would have had to run slower and I would have missed a number of turns on time. MS&Ts has such a large area on the screen it is clear way in advance what to do. It also finds every place I have ever looked for.

In my opinion as I said a couple of months ago, Microsoft Streets and Trips is the best of the two. More info, larger advanced view and easier to use and follow. I will agree that if CPT is your first system, I am sure you will be happy. If You use something else then go to CPT, I am betting you will not be happy.

Well Now I must look over the other POSTs and then happily go get in my truck and get back to sitting in Cincinnati traffic 10 hours a day 6 days a week. Thank God! I really got use to a known pay check every week.

Raceman
OTR O/O

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
Raceman....

Which one of those programs could best direct you to the closest location to obtain some apple juice?

I would also be a big fan of the closest routing to a cheese coney. any suggestions??

Thanks for your support. - Scott

raceman

Veteran Expediter
X, As you know based upon my photo stories sent to you on a regular if not daily basis, White Castle Fields Ertel Road in Mason Ohio is now serving Apple Juice. As for the Coneys Microsoft S&Ts will put you right in the proper parking lot and that is NO JOKE!

Raceman
OTR O/O

raceman

Veteran Expediter
RE: RE%3A An Update

I guess I should thank the Good Lord you did not post any of my other photo journalism.

I think the term for those who may not have the best business plan in mind, should be " Serving Apple Juice is in your future"

Ha! We are killing each other

Raceman
OTR O/O