An Observation...

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
In the spring I had a goal. I wanted a lush, green lawn. I was determined to compete with all the retired folks in my neighborhood - I wanted to be a member of the "nice yard" gang.

I put down lime, I fertilized, I seeded. I watered... I mowed, I trimmed - I even landscaped. My wife and I bought plants and I stood outside spraying everything with miracle gro.

At the end of August the place looked great. I was the YARDMASTER.

Now - I have grass growing in places where grass just should not be. I have bare spots, I have brown spots, and most of the wonderful plants have withered and died. My neighbors sometimes ask me if anybody still lives in my house. I have a yard full of leaves that don't have a clue what a rake looks like.

Hmmmm... I have not noticed anything wrong until this past weekend.

I realize now that I have a problem. The first step of coping with a problem is to admit publicly that one exists.... Here Goes:

My name is Scott and I'm addicted to College Football.

Now - I think I feel better.

(But I'm still not touching the yard till after the BCS National Champion is crowned. I probably won't shovel any snow either...)

Jayman

Expert Expediter
That reminds me of a project I have going at home. It is just about done. I started it 7 1/2 yrs ago. lol Good thing I dont have a wife to nag me about it. :p

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Does that mean you only have 2 years to go till it's finished? :7

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As I read Scott's post, I was wondering where he was going with it. When I got to the part about grass growing in places it shouldn't, I thought it might be a post about getting older, with the grass being an analogy to a man's hair. I thought T-hawk or I might have to perform an actual moderating function and have it moved to the Soapbox. Whew, dodged a bullet on that one.

Anyway,(in unison): Hi, Scott.