American Expediters???????

DooWop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Anyone heard of and or been leased to American Expediters?? Every couple of weeks they have an ad in the Pgh Post Gazette for "Drivers-Cars/cargo van owners with ins. for immed.steady delivery work, locally, long-dist. Flex Schedules/shifts. BUSY courier. Good$$$" and then they leave the Phone number, a 412 exchange. Callled them today but they couldn't talk to me, too busy I guess. This is the 2nd time I called and didn't talk to anybody that could give me info. I wonder if this is a high turn over company, because they have ads in the paper every couple of weeks. (14 months till retirement, I need all the info on courier/expediting I can get so as to start my 2nd career, and make a decent living). Thanks in advance to all onthe forum.

Regards

DooWop

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey DooWop
Yes I have. They are an east cost courier co. that started out in Philly. The Pgh branch is run by some smart mouth,woman from Philly and cheats all the drivers out of miles. I know them well, I know about fifteen drivers that gave them a try and quit with in a month of starting.

The company only does Philly, NY, Pgh, and Clev. To get a run you have to report to the office on River ave. Dispatch will not call someone on the road, or allow the driver to piggy back.

If I were to rate this company on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, I would give them a minus 10 (-10) does that help?

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi again,
If you want----

Go to my web site and send me some info of yourself. I may be able to stucture a route for you or use you as a fill-in driver. What ever you want. With 14 months to plan, we together may be able to find a customer and a dedicated route to fit your wants.