Am I being blown off?

jerseycoast

Expert Expediter
I'm looking to enter the business with a cargo van and have no previous experience in this field. Being a newbie, I have spoken with 2 recruiters who painted a positive picture even after I told them my experience level. They both promised to send me more information regarding their operation (I wanted to review all available paperwork and policies before committing). After 3 weeks and no further responses, should take this as a blow-off?

Thanks in advance.

jerseycoast

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Jerseycoast,
That is unfortunate. Normally the recruiter will mail out information either that day or the next day with an application and a business card for you to call them back. Unfortunately, we can't always trust the post office or maybe that particular recruiter missed your mailing. Not trying to make any excuses or anything, but every company is different. Try again, and you might want to try a few other carriers and see what type of response you would get.

Good luck and don't feel like your being blown off,

ABC

posylady

Expert Expediter
My boss said he has 50 calls a week from owner/opertor cargo van drivers. We have been doing it husband and wife team for 7 years and we are getting ready to get out of it. We have had two vans sitting for 6 weeks owned by another owner /opertor. Last month we worked 2 weeks out of the month. There is so much price gouging and people running illegal that it has become very hard to stay busy and make a living. It was good money when it was there. But with the price of fuel and private owners driving for 25-40 cents a mile it is hard to compete with cargo insurance, your owm insurance, health insurance and tax's, repairs and payments. Everything we can get working for a company as a regular driver with regular hours. Good- luck anyway! posylady