almost time for nascar

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
ok all you nascar fans are you all ready for a new season it is only a week away of course i will have to pull for a driver i swore i would always hate now that he drives a true american made car my man Tony [smoke] Stewart will kick everyones behind lol anyways lets hear what everyone else thinks will happen this year i really don,t care as long as Johnson or Gordon lose and toyota does well

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Harvick all the way!!

Gotta love those GM cars made with GM parts expedited all over the place!

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I'm still pullin for Lil E. Hopefully he will do better this year now that he has that monkey of a step mom of his back.

AnneM

Recruiter
Recruiter
KYLE PETTY will take the cup this year for sure! He will leave all them there young whipper snappers in the dust!!!

buckeyewildman

Seasoned Expediter
oh my i almost lost my lunch on that one come on Anne is that the best you can do maybe opld D W should come back he would kick every ones behind in a toyota of course

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
And look who's driving the pace car RACING MILESTONES » America's Race Fan Magazine: Junior Johnson's Midnight Moon to Sponsor Jeremy Mayfield in the Daytona 500 . Now I'm sure I read somewhere last year NASCAR would like to disassociate itself from the moonshiners' connection and have a choirboy image of its drivers . But wait . I also read there will be less penalties for drivers that get confrontational and shove each other around and use foul language . So much for "standards" . The truth is the dollar talks . NASCAR sees attendance dropping and decides to back pedal a little bit .
I'm disappointed in Junior Johnson . I can understand wanting the recognition but why help NASCAR out ? If I was in his position I'd reject NASCAR . Are those yuppie fans in the North and West gonna buy his moonshine ? Big waste of money investing in NASCAR . It would be better to go back to his roots and sponsor teams on small dirt tracks in the 12 states Midnight Moon is actually sold in .

Last edited:

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Tony who??????? OH, YOU MEAN THE MEATBALL HOT HEAD!! :) Looks like he's in trouble with the powers to be already!! Can't see him ever winning the 500, at least I hope not.....while we're on the subject, anyone want to buy a Tony Stewart NASCAR jacket??
Look for any of the Hendrick cars to be in victory lane at the end......hopefully either Jeff or Jr...
I"m sure Mark Martin is everyone's sentimental favorite..........

Your right Ann, just might see Kyle win, IF there's a 42 car wreck and he's so far behind he misses the whole deal.......GO KYLE........Just kidding, I'm a longtime Petty fan. Richard Petty fan forever. How do you think I got the "43" in my unser name?? :)

Don't anyone take this to serious, just pulling your chain a little...........sure glad the season is starting again!!! My withdrawals are starting to subside...:)

Go 24!!!!!!!!! 2008 Sprint Cup Champion!!! :)

romoore245

Expert Expediter
Only one more week I cant wait, its been to long without NASCAR. I only hope Newman has better luck this year he has been in a terrible slump. I think making Kurt Busch his teammate has jinxed him. What did everyone think about the shootout. I bet budweiser wasn't to happy junior won.

April moore

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Last year I think it was the 2nd race, they were out in California and Jr's car broke down. He got out and bowed, and I turned off the tv and went fishing. If my driver isn't in it, I'm not watching it. Unless there is nothing else to do then I'll cheer for Mark Martin or for Kasey Kane to lose.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
What's the beef with Kasey Ark?

I really have nothing against him. He is my brother in law's driver so I like it when Jr. out does Kasey so I can rub it in the bro in law's face. He is a fair weathered fan so it doesn't bother him much.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Well all I know is Jr. went from step motors to step-on-it Motors. I expect Jr. to win a few more races this year and he's a good addition to the Hendrick team. I also think Kyle Busch will will a few this year too. And Kudos to Ryan Newman for getting that monkey off his back. If your going to do it the Daytona 500 is the best way to go. I'm still hoping and praying for Kenny Schrader to win 1 more. Just really sorry he didn't qualify for the 500 after 24 consecutive years of doing so. I know he can do it ( win that is ) he just needs a good quality ride.