Allison automatic trannsmission... Help

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
Need some help I think it is the transmission maybye going out. Sorta is hader when it is shifting into some gears sometimes. And makeing 2 different noises only when driving and I cant tell where it is coming from.
We are by Princeton IN right now and are going to take it somewhere tommorrow.
Does anyone have this type transmission and has had any problems tell me what I can expect to pay? It just started on the trip over from Alabama so not very long has it been happenning.
This is why you dont let the truck know that you are almost done paying it off. It thinks you either are going to get rid of it or need more bills lol:(

sixwheeler44

Expert Expediter
>Need some help I think it is the transmission maybye going
>out. Sorta is hader when it is shifting into some gears
>sometimes. And makeing 2 different noises only when driving
>and I cant tell where it is coming from.
>We are by Princeton IN right now and are going to take it
>somewhere tommorrow.
>Does anyone have this type transmission and has had any
>problems tell me what I can expect to pay? It just started
>on the trip over from Alabama so not very long has it been
>happenning.
>This is why you dont let the truck know that you are almost
>done paying it off. It thinks you either are going to get
>rid of it or need more bills lol:(

sixwheeler 826

aquawarrior7

Expert Expediter
ok it may have been the amount of weight we had on it. The shipper claimed an estimated 5000. But when we weighed it was more like 10000. I still dont think that much weight should affect it like that but... who knows.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I had my filters changed on my transmission, and the dealership left me 4 gallons of fluid short, I have an Allison 3000rds, it takes 8 gallons of fluid. Anyway it shifted hard so check the fluid levels, follow the method in the manual.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
You have a Dealer right up there in Ft. Wayne behind the Cummins Dealer and KW Dealer.

The sooner its looked at the cheaper it will be to repair. I would not think twice about pulling myself out of service to take the time to get this repaired or looked at, and than at least get a fluid service done.

Mudflap

Expert Expediter
I totally agree, get it looked at ASAP. The Allison is an expensive, somewhat complex automatic tranny, so best not to fool around if it is acting up. When maintained well these are excellent long life trannies, but if they go neglected with maintenance or repairs they can really bite your wallet. Mudflap