all-types expediting nightmare

dante1

Expert Expediter
I went to Fort Wayne Indiana lead to believe that this was a great company to work for,talking to Stewart got there is was in the back of someones house,they want me to sighn a contract that was about 10 pages long they wouldn't allow me to take it to have anyone look at it,I left,later to find out that I had paid 95.00 for a drug test that only cost 45.00 I had faxed them a copy of m.v.r.and all the other information that they needed,I had paid for the drug test decided to go to work for a different company,called stewart ask him to fax the information to the company,he said for a charge of 25.00 he would do it,I had alrady paid him 55.00 for nothing what a Jerk.I urge anyone looking for trucking to stay away!!!!!!!!! :(

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
You should have checked the past messages here on All Types . I would have possibly made the mistake of trying to contract with them if not for this forum . As much as they've ripped people off I don't know how they're still in business . You should join the OOIDA and have them investigate All Types . The OOIDA has filed suits against major companies for drivers that never could have gotten successful judgements on their own .

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like good advice. I'm not a big fan of frivolous law suites, but this sounds like a bad deal to anyone who has watched the comments on this subject. Good luck for the future. I'd stick with the major players in the expediting business.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
When shopping for an expedited carrier, keep an eye open for ones who strictly do work for the automotive alliance, and stay away. It's like what Glen says about general freight- you would do better flipping burgers.
Uh, where is Autoquick these days??:7
-Weave-

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
That is the beauty of these types of forums. The good carriers will attract the quality people and the others won't. Driver retention is becoming increasingly difficult for carriers and the above illastrates what not to do.
Davekc

Draco

Expert Expediter
>Uh, where is Autoquick these days??:7
>-Weave-

Weave, AutoQuik got bought out by FedEx. I wish they were still around I worked for them and made pretty decent money for just running in a 3 state area. Sure it was just automotive freight but I had some friends on the inside so I could make some decent $.