All Things Android...

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
I'm using the HTC evo...Sprint network, and am able to read and post to EO. Actually this device is doing all my navigation, emails, web browsing, and phone calls. Hope this device holds up, cause I really like it.

That's supposed to be an excellent phone, I hope it continues to do well for you too.

After you use the android operating system, I don't know what would make anyone want to switch to something else. Verizon is supposed to get the iphone early next year but I sure don't see myself slobbering over that one. I have an ipod touch and although it's really nice, I think that's all the apple products I need.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
I also have the EVO 4g by sprint. Excellent phone. The guru at the phone store I bought it, just rooted it for me. Now the phone is light speeds faster, I can do the WiFi hotspot without paying sprint $30 a month extra. I use a WiFi printer in the truck and with printer share (paid version) I can print from my phone wireless. The games with great graphics play great. I haven't found any websites that I haven't been able to open. The only disappointment is the 4g, even when I am in a 4g area, I don't seem to get enough bars to make the speed much more faster than the 3g. Coverage area with sprint so far seems to be adequate. I have dropped a few calls in major metro areas. Other than that, I love the phone and everyday there are more and more apps available.

golfournut

Veteran Expediter
Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention. My wife also just got the EVO. Now we do video calls using QIK and the front camera with the kick stand up so you don't have to hold the phone. Works pretty good for a 5 meg camera. The 8 meg on the back takes really great pics and vids. To bad Skype got in bed with Verizon because at the moment QIK doesn't seem to work phone to computer. Just phone to phone. :)

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also have the EVO 4g by sprint. Excellent phone. The guru at the phone store I bought it, just rooted it for me. Now the phone is light speeds faster, I can do the WiFi hotspot without paying sprint $30 a month extra. I use a WiFi printer in the truck and with printer share (paid version) I can print from my phone wireless. The games with great graphics play great. I haven't found any websites that I haven't been able to open. The only disappointment is the 4g, even when I am in a 4g area, I don't seem to get enough bars to make the speed much more faster than the 3g. Coverage area with sprint so far seems to be adequate. I have dropped a few calls in major metro areas. Other than that, I love the phone and everyday there are more and more apps available.

I use pda net on htc on the Verizon network. It's free and I do not have to wait for hotspots. No problem with any websites I have visited even doing member maintenance in our php scripted admin panels works fine. I will never use sprint again when I had it their network stunk anytime you were away from the interstate or large cities and their customer service was the worst. As far as 4g goes you can call something anything you want but until your network actually has the service outside a few major cities it doesn't matter.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I mean no disrespect to either of you but when I said "tech", I didn't necessarily mean from the membership here. There's a lot of us here that know a lot of things about a lot of different subjects but that doesn't make any of us "techs" in those areas.;)
I would have to say that some of our membership have greater knowledge in those areas than "techs" in those areas. Just because someone drives a truck today doesn't mean they forgot everything they know in their alternate lives.

eb

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Anyone use Tasker? I'm thinking it might be helpful to automate some tasks like when the company calls my load spreadsheet automatically opens.

eb

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
Anyone use Tasker? I'm thinking it might be helpful to automate some tasks like when the company calls my load spreadsheet automatically opens.

eb

Never heard of it til now, hope this is the right one..... the ratings are good on it, except for the guy that gave it only 2 stars because he "had no idea how to use it".......:eek:

Looks interesting....thanks for posting it.