Air governors

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Freightliner dealers have rebuilt bendix D2 governors on sale for $9.95.. its a good idea to keep one in your spare parts box as they have mysterious ways of quitting and when they do, you stop. Take it from one who found out in the nice warm 20 degree below winchill weather of Portage, IN last week. This unit is used with just about all popular truck air compressors. Luckily I had enough duct tape and bubble gum to get going again without a tow, but lost a couple of fingers from frostbite!
--Weave--

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Weave is this the governor that mounts on the left hand side near the front of the engine.I belive it has 2 lines comung out,one for the front brakes and air accesories and one for the rear brakes. If so that is a real good price and I will get one.I have lost 2 of them over the years and also have had the purge valve in the dryer go out 2 times.In fact I rigged up a bypass device to cirumvent the dryer when necessary.They sell kits for this purge valve for about $18.00 Usually it!s the O rings that go out from oil contamination etc and you loose all your air..Thanks for the info..