Air Conditioner question

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I'm an idiot but how do I read your other blog posts, I couldn't find a way to read the other ones after I read this one.

Its Monday morning so I might be a little slow.

Under the column for articles about half way down there is a choice for blogs.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Pakrat

Seasoned Expediter
We have the Honeywell 2000 generator in which we bought at Camping World for about $550. We have an extension cord that we run from the generator into the van, which we just close in the sliding side door. We have a surge protector strip that we plug into that, in which we plug our a/c into. Once the initial "start up surge" from the a/c is over, we put the generator into eco mode, and plug in our tv, cell phone and laptop chargers. Running it in eco mode in Laredo at 105, the one gallon fuel tank lasts us about 5 hours. Its not as great as a Honda, but half the price.

Hey, Jenny! How's the noise from the Honeywell?

I will have a setup by next summer but I was planning on paying less for the ac and go with a window unit in the passenger window and put that saved $ towards the generator and go with the Honda. They are really quiet.

Thanks

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
To be 100% honest our Honeywell overheated when the ambient temp in Laredo was 112. Spend the money on the Honda. We were sent a replacement, which is a generac, which according to reviews is inferior to the Honeywell. We have not used it and are going to sell it. In the spring we will either buy a.Honda or yahama.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
To be 100% honest our Honeywell overheated when the ambient temp in Laredo was 112. Spend the money on the Honda. We were sent a replacement, which is a generac, which according to reviews is inferior to the Honeywell. We have not used it and are going to sell it. In the spring we will either buy a.Honda or yahama.

Why did they send another manufacturer's product as a replacement? Is it refurbished?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Generac bought Honeywell. it is brand new. it has a smaller fuel tank, is less amps. We argued with them over and over. it was under warranty but after the hassle we went through and the product they sent us we will never deal with Honeywell/Generac again.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Generac bought Honeywell. it is brand new. it has a smaller fuel tank, is less amps. We argued with them over and over. it was under warranty but after the hassle we went through and the product they sent us we will never deal with Honeywell/Generac again.

Wow sounds like they have really poor customer service, most places give an equal or better model. Hopefully it wasn't a lot smaller than the other. I guess we won't bother looking at buying a new one from them, I would rather buy a used one from someone than buy from a company that doesn't stand by their products.

d_b1486

Active Expediter
A champion 2000/1600 watt is much better then the honeywell/generac. Although I prefer my Honda eu2000 over the champion still ;), but the champions are very reputable with customer service n qaulity compared to honey n generac. My brother in law got one from SAMs club for 499+tax but it's just like my Honda, quiet efficient, parallel kit n they look better, but would recommend buying a better spark plug right away as the one that cones with it isn't so good, just get one from autozone n that's it.

Posted with my iPhone EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
A champion 2000/1600 watt is much better then the honeywell/generac. Although I prefer my Honda eu2000 over the champion still ;), but the champions are very reputable with customer service n qaulity compared to honey n generac. My brother in law got one from SAMs club for 499+tax but it's just like my Honda, quiet efficient, parallel kit n they look better, but would recommend buying a better spark plug right away as the one that cones with it isn't so good, just get one from autozone n that's it.

I talked with a driver that had a 3500 watt Champion that he was happy with, he started it and it was very quite.

d_b1486

Active Expediter
I talked with a driver that had a 3500 watt Champion that he was happy with, he started it and it was very quite.

Was it the inverter style one? Or open frame? I had a 4000/3500 open frame, Its pretty quiet compared to other open framed ones, but the inter one is much nicer. Bro in law gets 8 hrs on a gallon with a/c running.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Was it the inverter style one? Or open frame? I had a 4000/3500 open frame, Its pretty quiet compared to other open framed ones, but the inter one is much nicer. Bro in law gets 8 hrs on a gallon with a/c running.

It was an open frame.

d_b1486

Active Expediter
The open framed ones ate nice but weight alot n u can't run electronics safely from them. Plus they are much cheaper than the inverted ones