After 3 months

broker

Seasoned Expediter
My wife and I joined the Expediting "business" about 3 months ago, so thought some might like to hear how we feel now.
GREAT.
We have no desire to own a truck, I did that for years T/T and as most old timers will say, "it is not what it used to be"
We met with and signed on with who we felt then and still do, the best couple to drive for.
Won't go into detail but the truck they put us in was like new and they have been there to answer any question (no matter how silly) we have asked.

The Expedite company.
More than I could of hoped for. Very professional and progressive.
Everytime this newbie has had a question, they have answered in a timely manner. Never have I had them say, "let me get someone who could help you better" They have always said "let's see if I can help you first" 9 times out of 10 they could.
Have not failed in what they promised (remember, this is a team effort) as I have not failed in what I promised.

Loads.
Again, they have lived up to their part of the bargin. This is very difficult times for all frieght companies, Expediting or T/T.
Due to the fact I came from T/T O/O it was a transition for me as to how dispatch works in Expediting. (first in first out is not always true)

New lifestyle for the wife.
She is having the time of her life. when our owner asks if we want to run by home, she says WHY?

So let me give my grades to some of this.
Truck owners: A+
Comapny: A
Loads offered: B (for this time of year)
Dispatch system: C+ (but then again, I was a T/T driver)
Home time: B+ (if we would want it)

Did we make the right decision?
What do you think:D
BIG JOHN and Broker

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Glad to hear it is all working out for both of you. I too don't have a bunch of issues. I came into this business with no pre-concieved ideas and no set expectations other then the business needed to pay for itself and nothing else. It has succeed in that aspect and i am also enjoying my time out here.:D

I guess not having a bunch of experience in a particualr business can be a God sent for some people , huh!??! :D