active on demand

zoya

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I have one truck,
About call or email... Do you know email or phone number?

zoya

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
No they do not have any info online.

If someone, who already use this load board would not to say you, how they had this done, it 's gonna be very!!! difficult to find information by yourself. Almost impossible !

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did you try contacting any of the numerous departments listed and asking?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have one truck,
About call or email... Do you know email or phone number?
STOP... right now...
Your wasting everyone's time ... i drive for RRE which Owns Active on Demand ...
You have 1 truck .. They require 10 vans/str8/semi
Full 1 million insurance is required plus Workmans Comp ..
Sorry but they have restrictions on whom they let bid on their loads .... And if it was up to ME the Restrictions would be Stricter as i have have seen drivers and vehicles picking up freight the same time and place as me and i wouldn't have their vehicle haul my garbage to the dump ...

poking sticks --refilled
Ovm Meme's - on demand

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I remember when I last had access to it a little more than a year ago the rates were not so great. Not for someone with a semi truck just picking off good stuff here and there. In fact it has probably been 2 or 3 years since I had even done an active aero load. Had a LOT of bids rejected. Expediting from the spot market is a waste of time anymore. Following the money I get much better seasonal rates on other freight. You're better off leased to a solid, reputable expedite company if that's the work you want.

Reactions: Turtle

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed on the pricing, I had one AA that was decent rate but not generous last year. Seems like all load boards end up with the freight that is too cheap or too heavy or too much trouble for everyone else to bother with, except taking a percentage on the way thru their fingers
Full 1 million insurance is required
Curiosity question...Cargo you mean? My CGL was 2 million with previous carrier (unless I'm misremebering liability)...cargo insurance was taken care of and we were not privy to it...yes I've had 2 million worth of aircraft parts on my van...

Oh and I have the time to waste right now :D

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Agreed on the pricing, I had one AA that was decent rate but not generous last year. Seems like all load boards end up with the freight that is too cheap or too heavy or too much trouble for everyone else to bother with, except taking a percentage on the way thru their fingers
Full 1 million insurance is required
Curiosity question...Cargo you mean? My CGL was 2 million with previous carrier (unless I'm misremebering liability)...cargo insurance was taken care of and we were not privy to it...yes I've had 2 million worth of aircraft parts on my van...

Oh and I have the time to waste right now :D
When you have a Pratt & Whitney engine on board worth $5 million you can bet your booty they have it insured

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When you have a Pratt & Whitney engine on board worth $5 million you can bet your booty they have it insured
Since you, for several years now, we have our own insurance...all contractors without plates vehicle and insurance in the driver's name were fired...

No idea about the cargo insurance, they won't say anything but they have it and its "not our business" ... so I was curious

zoya

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Thank you for everybody for spending time on my post.
The link that Ragman is not helpful. It leads to free freight search web sight. I was registered there and tried to find loads. It does not work.
About insurance. 98% of brokers asking 1,000,000 liability and 100,000 cargo. Some asking 250,00 cargo (Panther, Bolt etc.).
About active aero prices.
Prices are not worse then from other brokers.
Example: load from Menomonie, WI to Greenville, NC. 5 pallets, 2200 lbs. Rate: $1,705.00
About to stop, if I have just one truck.My opinion: if you want to reach some goals, NEVER stop.
Is RRE Road Runner?

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you bid directly, have at it. I was speaking about the prices after it had trickled down to a company with 7 trucks.

It would solve everyone's problems to be able to bid directly as a single truck independent. Its not the reality though, that's what people were trying to explain

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Road
Runner
Expedite
... you'll end up with more money by putting a team in your truck and just leasing it to RRE or Load-1 .... In My Opinion ...

poking sticks --refilled
Ovm Meme's - on demand

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you bid directly, have at it. I was speaking about the prices after it had trickled down to a company with 7 trucks.

It would solve everyone's problems to be able to bid directly as a single truck independent. Its not the reality though, that's what people were trying to explain

They don't allow that and the reasoning I was told is one truck independent guys would bid the rates down to nothing. Of course the same seemed to be happening with all of the 10+ trucks people bidding it also.

Reactions: ntimevan