AC Parts for FL70 w/Kidron Sleeper

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My mechanic is having problems finding parts for the AC in the sleeper of my FL70. The sleeper was manufactured by Kidron (1998). I have a leak as a result of two different metals being used at a connection just above the battery box, going into the sleeper. (Note, there were a lot of aluminum to steel connections throughout this AC system, which I have replaced with stainless or other compatable metals. You might want to take a close look at your AC connections and see how they are looking. If you have lost the refrigerant in the AC system, it is best to get it repaired as soon as possilbe. If condensation is allowed to form and stay in the AC system, it can begin to rust out the system.)

Drive Safe

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The mechanic that does work on my truck says that Freightliner was not of any help in searching for this part. I called Kidron and they say that the sleeper is not theirs, but rather I should call Freightliner.

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I don't believe Kidron makes sleepers- they a are a box manufacturer. The actual maker of the sleeper will have the A/C lines and parts as they are made for each individual sleeper. Freightliner just supplied the chassis with A/C for the cab, and the place that installed the sleeper tapped into the system for the sleeper climate control with their parts, not Freightliner's. If you don't know who made your particular sleeper, just post a picture of it and I can tell you. But, in most cases, a decent shop specializing in A/C systems should be able to fabricate any lines or fittings you may need. If you break the system open anywhere, be sure to seal it off somehow from outside air or it can get really screwed up to the point of being beyond practical repair.
I was OK when I worked on my A/C this spring as the sleeper is an integral one with the cab, so Freightliner had all the parts.
-Weave-