share it with everyone here at EO. The letter is from the
grandmother of a boy who is in the hospital. It would be
wonderful if we could each take a few minutes to write a short
note wishing him well.

Thanks Everyone !

Lil Foot

Posted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:50 am

Dear Trucker Buddy Drivers:

My grandson, age 12 at the time, was critically injured in a school bus rollover at Vandalia, IL on August 27, 2003. He received traumatic brain injury and had to have surgery to remove part of his skull to allow for swelling.

He remained hospitalized until March 4, 2004 and was then transferred to Benton, Arkansas to a rehabilitation center for the brain injured.

The difficult part is that he is 483 miles from home and it is extremely difficult for his dad to go see him since his dad is an over the road trucker driving 5/6 days a weeks to earn a living. His Dad thought it would be really neat for truckers all over to send him postcards,etc to cheer him on!

But-------we just didn't know how to get the word out there to the truckers. Any suggestions???

Brent (grandson) is now 13 and understands everything that we say to him---but can't express himself verbally. He's saying words but not sentences. He doesn't walk yet, has a feeding tube but is happy and alert. He enjoys getting mail so much.

Any help you could give would be so appreciated.

His dad was able to stop by to see him on March 18 with the semi. The other kids were able to climb up in the truck and take a look---Brent wanted to do the same, so with the assistance of 4 people, he was able to get in the semi also.

If you wish to send him a post card, mail it to:

Brent Nobbe
Americana
c/o Timber Ridge Ranch
15000 Hwy 298
Benton, AR 72015

Glen Rice

Veteran Expediter
Sounds like a wonderful idea! I'm sure everyone can spare a few minutes to drop a line to such a great kid. He certainly is inspirational to all of us.