A cry for help

raceman

Veteran Expediter
Last week I witnessed a hit and run accident. It happened in Mason Ohio on Fields Ertel Road. I reported it to the Warren County Sheriffs departments and a Deputy did come to scene and take a report. I got the description of the van, the driver and the numbers of the plate. I am unsure if it was an Ohio plate.

The car that was hit was occupied by an elderly couple and when the bad guy saw that he ran like the scum he is. The Deputy ran the plate and it came back not matching the vehicle I described and therefore that was the end of things. He told the couple good luck and that was about it.

I am not happy about this and want to find this jackass that hit these people and then ran because he saw they were a not so alert elderly couple.

The van is a late 70s early 80s Ford E150. It is multi colored with the bulk of the color being an Orange. It was one of those multi color striped vans. The plate number was DKF 3579.

If you see this van I think it was an Ohio or possibly Kentucky plate. He was headed for South I71 therefore Ky. is a real possibility. Please keep your eyes open and if you see it you can alert the Warren County Sheriffs Office in Deerfield Township in Ohio or drop me a note and I will call them.

Please lets get this guy. I was very let down by the assistance the couple got from the police. I called them today to tell them to run it as a Kentucky plate and they did not seem to care.

Thank you

Raceman
OTR O/O

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Your intentions are good but this guy obviously didn't have insurance . To prosecute him would require having the elderly couple and possibly you appear several times as witnesses . You gave a description of the van but the driver has to be connected to it . I work out of KY and travel that area a lot . I'll watch for the van but I doubt this guy ever gets held accountable .

G

I witnessed a hit and run one night and got the plate, vehicle description, everything. The police seemed mildly interested but didn't act like they were going to do anything. They patiently informed me that "we don't know who was driving the hit and run vehicle." Wow, so you aren't going to do anything, like maybe go to the vehicle owner's house and ask him if he was involved and at least make him lie to the police about it.

I thought to myself how the police will stage a COPS style car chase if a person who is speeding doesn't pull over, but when all they have to do is drive to a vehicle owner's house to potentially catch a hit and run driver they aren't interested. Seems a little out of whack to me.

As far as catching the van involved in this incident, I hate to say it but I'll bet it's going to be hard to get the authorities interested in it. Now maybe if the van was speeding and didn't pull over...

raceman

Veteran Expediter
I agree with both of your responses but I will track that sob down. I have seen people robbed, beaten up and one killed, none of them bothered me like this. I will find him and walk him to the police just so the SOB knows he did not get away with it. That is his satisfaction and he is bragging about it.

It was the helpless fearful look on the couples faces. It was the hugs and hand shakes they gave me for helping them. I don't why it is eating me up but I plan on finding him even if I only get to tell off.

Thanks for any help.

Raceman
OTR O/O

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>I don't why it is eating me up but I plan on finding him
>even if I only get to tell off.
>
>Thanks for any help.
>Raceman

You can do a Google search for license plate numbers.There are lots of services that can locate these scumbags.

It will cost a little,but may pay off.I for one would be willing to chip in a few bucks.

MSinger

Expert Expediter
1997 Dodge Ram 3500 with 12' cube. Dock high with jackstands. 5.9L Cummins Turbo Diesel.

Just tell the cops that the suspect vehicle was possibly a "rolling meth lab" and watch how fast they call out the dogs to try to find it.