A chair for on a box

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I've got a plywood box in my truck that I use for storage that I'd love to have do double duty and be a chair on command. So I bought this:

Amazon.com: Markwort Patented Deluxe Wide Model Stadiumchair (Black): Sports & Outdoors

It's not awful. It's almost awful. (I have no idea why it got so many good reviews.) It's a clever design but there's a bar that goes across your lower back and another across the seat. Almost awful might be kind.

What I'd love to do is use the upper half of a nicely padded office chair. The problem there is weight. I can't quite stand up straight in my sleeper and having to move the chair a few times a day would get old in a hurry.

The top half of a architect's stool maybe?

What do you guys do for seating when your truck is parked?

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Maybe go buy an inexpensive dining room chair and cut the bottom frame and legs off? Or a boat seat. Office seat if you can unbolt the base and it's flat.
But I have a $45 folding lounger from Walmart.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
57561d1384573482-driving-cargo-van-dream-job-compared-salv_lazy_truck_hammock.jpg.att

Last edited:

tknight

Veteran Expediter
I did a pickup in wi a few weeks back at a factory that made Riding mower seats some were very nice delivered to mtd in tn. I'll look up the papers and let ya know they may sell direct too

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Northern Tool stocks several different tractor seats. Get one with the springs on it.

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
<.....3 pallet sprinter with a Home Depot 48" folding table and a high back exec office chair....table folds up to wall...chair rolls up against bulkhead"....very comfy down time and 13+ feet for cargo...

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I've got a plywood box in my truck that I use for storage that I'd love to have do double duty and be a chair on command. So I bought this:

Amazon.com: Markwort Patented Deluxe Wide Model Stadiumchair (Black): Sports & Outdoors

It's not awful. It's almost awful. (I have no idea why it got so many good reviews.) It's a clever design but there's a bar that goes across your lower back and another across the seat. Almost awful might be kind.

What I'd love to do is use the upper half of a nicely padded office chair. The problem there is weight. I can't quite stand up straight in my sleeper and having to move the chair a few times a day would get old in a hurry.

The top half of a architect's stool maybe?

** Did you get the little carrying bag for $24. Would have been a nice touch...just kidding...or maybe not............seat looks nice.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
View attachment 9057

39.95 nice padding and folds down. Walmart used to sell these not sure if they still do.

Wise Economy Seat Gry/Red WIS-8WD734PLS661

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Sorry, didn't mean to start a thread only to ignore it. Been working like a dog lately.

Thx Xiggi. I picked one up today. Same price - virtually identical seat - different brand. It's not great, but it's a way bigger step up from awful than the stadium seat. At < $40 it's a pretty good deal.

I tried Northern Tool. They had an ok seat for $79 and a really nice one for $199. I was tempted for a minute there.