7 yr ?

Mr Ed 33

Expert Expediter
HI recruiter people. I'm really new to this. I haven't started yet.I have a DUI from 8/22/97. Some minor court issues with a failed buisness-no felonies 2yrs ago. The question is should I wait till after that date to apply for jobs or should I give up the whole idea and sell hot dogs on the street corner.

abcwine

Expert Expediter
Mr Ed,
The dui should not be a problem if it is over 5 years old and the failed business shouldn't come in to play either. If you want to be on the safe side, fill out an application with a motor carrier and have them get you approved before you go out and buy a truck. If your mvr is ok and your background checks out, get your cdl with hazmat and you shouldn't have a problem getting pre-approved.

Good Luck and thanks for the interest,

ABC

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Mr Ed;
ABC is correct that most carriers can get by with a DUI older than 5 years.
Most carriers don't care about past failed businesses but may ask about bankruptcies on an application.
Good Luck!
JM/HotFr8Recruiter

pellgrn

Expert Expediter
If the carrier accepts the driver,and there CDRP app is denied will they still be able to drive for the carrier?

TS462

Seasoned Expediter
yes you can drive for a carrier it just mean unless you get a pardon from canada your not allowed in and they run 750 to a 1000 i'm told