50 cents more for gas and diesel

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I was reading my daily financial reports. They were saying that gas and diesel prices have gone up another 50 cents a gallon in Europe and expect it to hit here in the the next two weeks. :eek: This is March 3d so get ready, watch FSC closely and make sure your getting exactly what your supposed to.
I guess the only thing to ad to that is "SLOW DOWN MORE":(

wannatruck

Seasoned Expediter
We drive 65 in the big truck, (its a freightliner classic XL) when I'm out with my brother in law. Does it help? Yeah, we drive over 1200 miles on less than 200 gallons of diesel. I think its closer to 1190 for the round trip we make, but you get the point. We're averaging somewhere near 6 mpg lately....its much cheaper. Slow down folks, either that or we're gonna need to strike for higher fsc! And we ALL know how well a trucker strike works....or doesn't............

I've been watching fuel prices a lot lately, its getting absurd. Gas has gone up .20 per gallon here in the last month, and doesn't show any signs of slowing down.

CYA folks, and keep your foot out of it.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
It's funny thinking back when Nixon lowered the speed limit to 55. We fought that for 20 yrs and got the limit raised and look what happens. What a calamity. Now we need to drive 55 but if you do look out behind you cause those company drivers will push you to the next stop. Isn't life fun??????:rolleyes:
Oh yeh forgot. Now S.Carolina has a bill before the lej/that wants to raise the speed on the Interstate to 80 mph and raise the grace zone (what officers allow you when you speed) to 10 mph. Craziest thing I ever heard and I live here. We lost 300 State patrolman last year so your chances of getting a speeding ticket here are nil to none.

Last edited: