36 inch sleeper

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Depends on his operation. A 36 can work if M-F, home weekends.
Save the space for freight.

I ran a daycab in a sleeper operation and increased my revenue enough to pay ALL hotels and my NEW truck payment.

I wasn't expediting. I did run all 48 states.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Depends on his operation. A 36 can work if M-F, home weekends.
Save the space for freight.

I ran a daycab in a sleeper operation and increased my revenue enough to pay ALL hotels and my NEW truck payment.

I wasn't expediting. I did run all 48 states.

We talking roach motels, holiday inn or um econolodge?

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Had a good program with Corporate Lodging at the time. Ran a lot of the same runs, Flint to Long Beach, Flint to Chandler,Az, Flint to Goshen area,etc.
I generally had my motels picked when I left.
No fleabags. One nite a 3 room suite for $38 because the clerk told me she had one room prior to asking me how I'd pay.
Remember a Holiday Inn, was quoted $110 per nite. Was $55 per nite for me.
Had one 50ish Mom & Pop for $25 per. Small, but clean.
Can't touch that deal now. :(

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Had a good program with Corporate Lodging at the time. Ran a lot of the same runs, Flint to Long Beach, Flint to Chandler,Az, Flint to Goshen area,etc.
I generally had my motels picked when I left.
No fleabags. One nite a 3 room suite for $38 because the clerk told me she had one room prior to asking me how I'd pay.
Remember a Holiday Inn, was quoted $110 per nite. Was $55 per nite for me.
Had one 50ish Mom & Pop for $25 per. Small, but clean.
Can't touch that deal now. :(

It's sad that a hotel room is so expensive. Last time I got one was in Saginaw when I had my big week and it $158+tax

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Get one without a girl included in the price.

Much cheaper.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I've been to Saginaw, often.
$158 would be high even with a girl.

What do you call two good lookin' girls standing on a corner in Saginaw ?

Tourists. :)

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
If you have no problem with a possible smoking room Priceline is a good way to go. I had a room at Hilton Garden Inn in Oakbrook Terrace IL for under $30. was right next to the Camelot Dinner Theater, Nieman Marcus and Nordstrums. Hotwire is pretty good. Go to www.biddingfortravel.com for what the bids have been for the area you are interested in. I prefer Best Western, have had problems with Choice Hotels and they do nothing to resolve issues.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
I felt I got jipped in Saginaw that night but I was so tired I could care less the cost I just wanted a hot shower and a lean bed lol